2018 NFL Season Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
go birds
-go birds

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by go birds »

Hoot45 wrote:I hope Parkey shows up for the promotion and wins himself some free beer.

lmao how much of a troll job would that be?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Hoot45 wrote:I hope Parkey shows up for the promotion and wins himself some free beer.
I don't think he's old enough to drink yet. Maybe he can gets his parents/legal guardians to sign a permission slip letting him participate?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Freed Roger wrote:And Goose Island - that wouldn't inspire any extra leg.
The best thing about GI selling out to AB is that now the guys who make the good stuff have all the time in the world to make the good stuff. There will still be 2018 BCS on Binny's shelves in February. BCS is poured in Whole Foods beer bars, hell in every bar in town. They make a lot more of the Sisters Series of sours now (Mathilde, Halia, Madame Rose) and have the Fulton & Wood Series that puts out one beer per quarter that are all experimental style exercises. Their taprooms are always flooded with Chicago-only special releases on draft and we get more good beer from Goose Island now that they've sold out than we did before. All the Honkers, all the 312 is made at a factory brewery in another state, and the Goose Island guys here make just the fun stuff just for us all year around. They've turned back into our best local brewery, though you'd never know that from asking the 65% of the beer-drinking Chicagoans who are too busy trash talking them for selling out.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

33anda3rd wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:And Goose Island - that wouldn't inspire any extra leg.
The best thing about GI selling out to AB is that now the guys who make the good stuff have all the time in the world to make the good stuff. There will still be 2018 BCS on Binny's shelves in February. BCS is poured in Whole Foods beer bars, hell in every bar in town. They make a lot more of the Sisters Series of sours now (Mathilde, Halia, Madame Rose) and have the Fulton & Wood Series that puts out one beer per quarter that are all experimental style exercises. Their taprooms are always flooded with Chicago-only special releases on draft and we get more good beer from Goose Island now that they've sold out than we did before. All the Honkers, all the 312 is made at a factory brewery in another state, and the Goose Island guys here make just the fun stuff just for us all year around. They've turned back into our best local brewery, though you'd never know that from asking the 65% of the beer-drinking Chicagoans who are too busy trash talking them for selling out.
Huh, that's pretty interesting. I remember going to G.I. one time and thought it was a great setup/atmosphere though I'm no beer connoisseur.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Weekend picks:
LAR -7
NE -4
NO -8
KC -5.5

All chalk baby. Would actually only play KC and NE tho’

So far 2-1-1 this playoffs (1-0-1 in my plays)

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i've got a 4 team parlay:

Dal +7
Chargers +4
NO -8
Colts +5

Haven't done individual games yet, but i'll prolly be smackin that over in the colts game

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Tim wrote:Weekend picks:
LAR -7
NE -4
NO -8
KC -5.5

All chalk baby. Would actually only play KC and NE tho’

So far 2-1-1 this playoffs (1-0-1 in my plays)

Philly +8 (I'd bet big on this one)
NE -4
Dallas +7
KC -5.5

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Mahomes and Tyreek hadn't been born the last time the Chiefs won a home playoff game.

I'm a wreck.