DET tryout results

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

DET tryout results

Post by mikechamp »

Did you go to the open tryout for the Tigers, held at TigerTown Minor League Complex in Lakeland, FL? If so, your grades are now posted online. Check to see if you made the team.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/fans/tryouts

tlombard
tl;dr

Re: DET tryout results

Post by tlombard »

mikechamp wrote:Did you go to the open tryout for the Tigers, held at TigerTown Minor League Complex in Lakeland, FL? If so, your grades are now posted online. Check to see if you made the team.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/fans/tryouts
I wonder if just anybody can show up and get an actual chance to at least swing at a few balls or field some grounders/shag some fly balls. If I were near there, I'd show up just to say I tried! Plus I have always been able to hit the ball, love hitting and and would honestly take infield or shag fly balls all day if I could find somebody to swing the fungo for me but now that Tower Tee closed there aren't any batting cages convenient to me which stinks.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I don't know if that is a joke, but catchers with 40 hit/power, 50 throw, and a 1.9 pop time are prospects, are they not?

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I don't know if that is a joke, but catchers with 40 hit/power, 50 throw, and a 1.9 pop time are prospects, are they not?
In which case, we should wait for the lab results on the urine sample.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I don't know if that is a joke, but catchers with 40 hit/power, 50 throw, and a 1.9 pop time are prospects, are they not?
Yeah, there were several on there that I thought looked pretty good.

baseburglerlou
Everyday Player

Post by baseburglerlou »

I remember the Reds used to hold annual tryouts in Troy, IL.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Yeah there's also a 3B on there who should maybe earn a NRI or a minor league deal. Depending on his age. I mean, if he's 28, forget it. Go back to the nursing home then, old man.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

There are open tryouts for the Frontier League on April 23 in Joliet and you can actually make one of those teams. Then if you absolutely RAKE and BA or Peter Gammons talks you up you could end up in a Red Sox lineup like Daniel Nava or Morgan Burkhart.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

haltz wrote:There are open tryouts for the Frontier League on April 23 in Joliet and you can actually make one of those teams. Then if you absolutely RAKE and BA or Peter Gammons talks you up you could end up in a Red Sox lineup like Daniel Nava or Morgan Burkhart.
Brebbia played indy ball for 2 years.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
haltz wrote:There are open tryouts for the Frontier League on April 23 in Joliet and you can actually make one of those teams. Then if you absolutely RAKE and BA or Peter Gammons talks you up you could end up in a Red Sox lineup like Daniel Nava or Morgan Burkhart.
Brebbia played indy ball for 2 years.
Josh Kinney pitched for the River City Rascals, although it looks like it was only a few appearances.

From what I understand, it's not terribly uncommon as a pitcher, but it's incredibly rare for a position player to make an MLB team out of indy ball.