Martinez Out 2 wks with Shoulder Issues

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
NDark
Veteran Player

Re: Martinez Out 2 wks with Shoulder Issues

Post by NDark »

At least every thread isn't about everyone being racist anymore. Talking about Pham in every thread is great comparatively.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

TimChopsula wrote:This new Tommy Pham board is phamtastic.
It's the best, really.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Once a cobra bit Tommy Pham's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

When Tommy Pham was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is courage?" He received an A+ for turning in a blank page with only his name at the top.

Tommy Pham counted to infinity. Twice.

Tommy Pham knows Victoria's secret.

When Bruce Banner gets mad he turns into the Hulk. When the Hulk gets mad he turns into Tommy Pham. When Tommy Pham gets mad, run.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Do we actually know whether Martinez injured himself in camp, or came to camp already/still injured?

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

heyzeus wrote:Do we actually know whether Martinez injured himself in camp, or came to camp already/still injured?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

heyzeus wrote:Do we actually know whether Martinez injured himself in camp, or came to camp already/still injured?
You need to ask Tommy Pham that question on Twitter. He knows all.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

CMart to start season on IL
St. Louis pitcher Carlos Martínez will begin the season on the injured list as the two-time All-Star tries to work his way back from shoulder weakness.

Martínez will not appear in exhibition games. He is to throw on flat ground for the next week before moving to a mound.

“He’s in a good spot,” St. Louis manager Mike Shildt said. “He’s taken advantage of the time he’s had off to strengthen, and now he’ll get back to playing catch.”

St. Louis has not announced a timetable for the completion of Martínez’s strengthening program. Two weeks ago, the pitcher received a platelet-rich plasma injection, which Martínez said improved the condition.

“I’m not trying to rush this out,” Martínez said through an interpreter. “I just want to have a lot of strength in my shoulder so I’ll be able to pitch as long as the team needs me.”
“That’s impossible to answer right now on a couple levels,” Shildt said of Martínez’s role this year.

Martínez could be available as a reliever a few weeks earlier than as a member of the rotation.

“I’m a starter until somebody tells me otherwise, and if they tell me otherwise I’m more than happy to help the team another way,” Martínez said.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Cardinals_Spaceship
Everyday Player

Post by Cardinals_Spaceship »

Not good. Maybe the Cardinals can get some good innings from Martinez this season but that seems far from a sure thing. If he can get healthy, maybe they will decide to keep him in the bullpen? If he can get healthy and look productive, maybe they can find a trade partner.