Don't tone police me bro!

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Schlich »

The hype has actually been pretty contained all things considered

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Never watched an episode....not my thing.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Not my thing either. I love science fiction but not fantasy so I always get annoyed that the two of them get lumped together in a general category when it comes to movies, books and shows in many (not all) cases. One of the things I appreciate about Kindle Unlimited is the filters they have so that I can go straight to the Hard Science Fiction section and find plenty of books that I want to read.

Even with science fiction, I tend to gravitate towards books where the struggle is between humans and science and not aliens if possible. The Martian is a perfect example and it is one of my favorite books. Given the choice, I'll go with aliens over dragons and sorcery any day. I believe that life in another part of the universe is absolutely possible and maybe even probable... but not fire breathing dragons or wizards.

***Not sure if the dragons on GoT breathe fire or if there are wizards but it doesn't matter, still not interested even if the show has tons of nudity. That last part would have been enough to get teenage me into the show if I'm being honest though.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I watched half of one episode.

Not something I could watch with the wife or my daughters - so, we don't watch it.

I have precious little free time - I devote that to Cardinals Baseball or Blues Hockey.

I can watch those on my phone while watching other programs with the wife and my older girls.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I watched the first 5-6 on a snowy day a year or so ago to see if I'd like it. Thought it was a lot of backstabbing and murdering, a soap opera with dragons and a bunch of sex and violence. Not really my speed.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i've never watched it either. i probably could get into it but at this point its so big i have no interest in joining the fandom. it permeates society so much its hard to avoid even if you have no interest.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I just got finished with GoT. I’ve never use the fast forward button on a TV show before

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

lukethedrifter wrote:
September 24 20, 6:06 pm
I just got finished with GoT. I’ve never use the fast forward button on a TV show before
Were you just looking for the nudie bits?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

It was a real yawner in the last couple seasons. Forced myself to finish the series. Why? I can’t explain.