Amy Klobuchar - Pros and Cons

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Amy Klobuchar - Pros and Cons

Post by Mary1966 »

Since Joe Biden has completed the Democratic field (I don’t expect another major candidate to enter), I decided to pick a candidate to support. I made a donation to Amy Klobuchar.

Pros - Experience (she’s a senator), Can appeal to Midwest (she’s from Minnesota)

Cons - she’s polling at 1%

If one of the men in the field wins the nomination, I hope they would consider her for VP.
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Re: Amy Klobuchar - Pros and Cons

Post by Mary1966 »

I got my Amy for America t-shirt:

(Spoilered for size)
[SHOW]
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... g-campaign

Klobuchar is now at 3%, and I haven’t even made my second monthly contribution. :)
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I’m at the National Convention for the National Alliance on Mental Illness and MSNBC just showed Klobuchar talking about her plan for investing $100 billion in mental health and substance abuse.

I will be hosting a debate watch party for the Klobuchar campaign in the recreation room in my apartment building. They are sending me signs and buttons.
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Hope your debate party is a success Mary, sounds like you're getting involved in some very productive and positive ways!
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I was in a seminar at the NAMI Convention and during a Q&A session someone mentioned Sen. Klobuchar’s plan to spend $100 billion on mental health and substance abuse over 10 years (financed by settlements against drug companies that promote opioids). I’m glad someone knows Sen. Klobuchar’s plan in the NAMI community.
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I’ve bought the snacks and drinks and the Klobuchar campaign has provided signs, buttons, and stickers. They have also set up a place online to RSVP for my watch party and I posted it on Facebook. My apartment building’s recreation room holds 20 people so I hope we get a good turnout.
GeddyWrox
Perennial All-Star

Post by GeddyWrox »

Let us know how it goes!
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I had one person show up, and she said she was a Bernie supporter. But she said she was impressed with Amy and even took a sticker and a button. I think the problem was that the Klobuchar campaign gave me a long list of people and I said I could only have 20, so they posted an online event on Monday and I don’t think there was enough lead time. I plan to try again for the CNN debate in July and hopefully I can get more people.
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I got an email from the Klobuchar campaign saying they met their fundraising goal for the second quarter. No word on what it was. Klobuchar is polling at 2%, I wonder how much money she needs to continue.