TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by Schlich »

thrill wrote:If you like David Fincher, you will like Mindhunter. It's very Zodiac-esque.
I've loved the show a lot but a few episodes into season 3 and it's... idk, really heavy. Like they keep trying to up the shock ante with the interviews... but it's the bigger picture stuff that got me hooked.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I thought it was lame that the BTK stuff never served the story at all. The show and the lead were really interesting. I'm curious if the BTK stuff ever pays off. I don't know if I'll watch it not, feels like something where one season might be fine for me.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

I just caught part of an ad for it - is the Atlanta child killer kind of the main storyline this time? Might be interesting as I just listened to the Payne Lindsey podcast a while back.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

boom

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The title refers to the Chevrolet El Camino that Jesse is seen driving away from the white supremacists' headquarters after being rescued by Walter at the end of the Breaking Bad finale "Felina".[1][9]

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

Smith Corks One wrote:I just caught part of an ad for it - is the Atlanta child killer kind of the main storyline this time? Might be interesting as I just listened to the Payne Lindsey podcast a while back.
Yep, that's the main storyline.

The BTK stuff is intriguing given that Rader wasn't caught until 2005. I can't imagine they'd tease it every episode for two seasons without diving into the story full-time, but there's no way it can be a clean, one-season arc. I also hope season three doesn't take another two years to materialize.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Jocephus wrote:
The title refers to the Chevrolet El Camino that Jesse is seen driving away from the white supremacists' headquarters after being rescued by Walter at the end of the Breaking Bad finale "Felina".[1][9]
Honestly I thought the best ending for Jessie would have been some kind of righteous/sacrificial death in the finale. If I have to watch him suffer for two more hours my heart may explode. If Walter's transformation was Mr. Chips to Scarface, Jessie's was from happy dipisht to most miserable world-wise bastard in the world.

Interested to see, regardless.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Smith Corks One wrote:I just caught part of an ad for it - is the Atlanta child killer kind of the main storyline this time? Might be interesting as I just listened to the Payne Lindsey podcast a while back.
How was the podcast? I listened to the first season but i tired of Payne about halfway through and had to force myself to finish.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

lukethedrifter wrote:
How was the podcast? I listened to the first season but i tired of Payne about halfway through and had to force myself to finish.
I found it pretty interesting, especially since it was a case I didn't really know a whole lot about. I did get a little tired of/annoyed with Payne after a while, but he had some decent interviews with Williams and didn't shy away from calling him out on some inconsistencies with his story. He claimed in the beginning that his goal by the end was to definitively "solve the case" of whether or not Williams was guilty (I hadn't even known enough about the case to know that any real doubt had ever been raised), and while there was no definitive solution that I could ascertain, I was certainly left feeling very strongly in one direction on the issue of his guilt.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Jocephus wrote:
The Dick Cavett Show Horror Masters Stephen King, Romero, Straub, Levin 1980
Stephen King looks like Mark David Chapman. Must've been a popular look in 1980.