Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

I have tix to 2 nights of Jason Isbell’s Ryman residency in October but just found out my friend’s band Nadine is playing their album Downton, Saturday at the Sheldon one of those nights. Dang.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

This dropped today. Definitely worth a listen.
1) Prove You Wrong featuring Stevie Nicks and Maren Morris
2) Live Wire featuring Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples
3) Tell Me When It’s Over featuring Chris Stapleton
4) Story of Everything featuring Chuck D, Andra Day & Gary Clark Jr.
5) Beware of Darkness featuring Eric Clapton, Sting and Brandi Carlile
6) Redemption Day featuring Johnny Cash
7) Cross Creek Road featuring Lukas Nelson and Neil Young
8) Everything Is Broken featuring Jason Isbell
9) The Worst featuring Keith Richards
10) Lonely Alone featuring Willie Nelson
11) Border Lord featuring Kris Kristofferson
12) Still the Good Old Days featuring Joe Walsh
13) Wouldn’t Want to Be Like You featuring St. Vincent
14) Don’t featuring Lucius
15) Nobody’s Perfect featuring Emmylou Harris
16) Flying Blind featuring James Taylor
17) For the Sake Of Love featuring Vince Gill

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Is she dying or something? That's a very impressive roster. I wouldn't have guessed she could pull that together. I've pictured her as female Hootie. Perhaps unfairly, but there are some lame songs from the 90s. If I've judged harshly, I've got a feeling I'm not the only one. Is there anyone hear that would ever want to hear If it Makes You Happy again?
Last edited by BottenFieldofDreams on August 30 19, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Is she dying or something? That's a very impressive roster. I wouldn't have guessed she could pull that together. I've pictured her as female Hootie. Perhaps unfairly, but there are some lame songs from the 90s. If I've judged harshly, I've got a feeling I'm not the only one.
Right. It’s weird to announce that the band is breaking up when it’s a solo act.

As far as her body of work, I get the Hootie comp but I think her stuff was a fair bit stronger.

ETA: gave it a listen. Meh. Now to head over to Vince Gill’s new one, Okie in which his right wing fans will tell him to STICK TO MUSIC!!

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Is she dying or something? That's a very impressive roster. I wouldn't have guessed she could pull that together. I've pictured her as female Hootie. Perhaps unfairly, but there are some lame songs from the 90s. If I've judged harshly, I've got a feeling I'm not the only one.
Right. It’s weird to announce that the band is breaking up when it’s a solo act.

As far as her body of work, I get the Hootie comp but I think her stuff was a fair bit stronger.
She's doing Dylan with Isbell, and has both remaining Highwaymen. Is her stuff really strong... enough to be my man?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

She's doing Dylan with Isbell, and has both remaining Highwaymen. Is her stuff really strong... enough to be my man?
lukethedrifter wrote:ETA: gave it a listen. Meh. Now to head over to Vince Gill’s new one, Okie in which his right wing fans will tell him to STICK TO MUSIC!!
So, no.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

lukethedrifter wrote:ETA: gave it a listen. Meh. Now to head over to Vince Gill’s new one, Okie in which his right wing fans will tell him to STICK TO MUSIC!!
So, no.
Hold on, I need a minute to charmingly segue this into Soak Up the Sun (good God that song is awful).

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ged-877993

Persecution for speaking out is not uncommon in country music, but Gill — Grand Ole Opry member, Time Jumper, occasional Eagle, Hall of Famer, Grammy winner — decided that now was no time to resist singing about matters that drive the world around us. Okie, out last Friday, is a public clearing of Gill’s conscience, a platform for discussion, and a celebration of love and devotion. Gill tackles sexual abuse, teenage pregnancy, race, and our incessant desire to be right with emotional fortitude but without judgment.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

C'mon guys, all I wanna do is have a little fun before I die....

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

The new Tool album is really good.