The Beer Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
angine
Single A Minor League Player

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by angine »

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen. Best wheat beer I've ever had. :)

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

It's been way too long (stupid keto diet that works, LOL) but along those lines, I particularly loved Franziskaner.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

angine wrote:Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen. Best wheat beer I've ever had. :)
Yeah, I've long felt there's really no reason to buy an American craft hefe when you can pick from this, Schneider Weiss Tap 7, Ayinger Brau-Weisse. It's like yeah that's cool that this is local and is a B+ but there are beers available that are perfect and have been made the same for 400+ years.

Beers like this are what stuff like Blue Moon or Allagash White want to be but fail to hit the mark on .

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Oktoberfests are back. !!

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

33anda3rd wrote:
Yeah, I've long felt there's really no reason to buy an American craft hefe when you can pick from this, Schneider Weiss Tap 7, Ayinger Brau-Weisse. It's like yeah that's cool that this is local and is a B+ but there are beers available that are perfect and have been made the same for 400+ years.

Beers like this are what stuff like Blue Moon or Allagash White want to be but fail to hit the mark on .
Yeast dominates in hefe’s, and American brewers just don’t have access to the strains the Bavarian brewers have developed over hundreds of years.

The most accurate American hefe I have had is from Frankenmuth Brewery (“The Hefe”). Others are fine to drink, but they just aren’t the same.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Popeye_Card wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:

Yeast dominates in hefe’s, and American brewers just don’t have access to the strains the Bavarian brewers have developed over hundreds of years.

The most accurate American hefe I have had is from Frankenmuth Brewery (“The Hefe”). Others are fine to drink, but they just aren’t the same.
My sentiments exactly. They're fine, but why settle for fine when you can have world-class?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

33anda3rd wrote:Wanna see a dead body?
Oops.

Still, I find the idea that they were sold to a tiny microbrewery ludicrous. They were sold to a group of investors, one/some/all of whom own a small brewery in Chicago.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

lukethedrifter wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:Wanna see a dead body?
Oops.

Still, I find the idea that they were sold to a tiny microbrewery ludicrous. They were sold to a group of investors, one/some/all of whom own a small brewery in Chicago.
Yeah, one of them owns Barefoot and flipflop wines, which are in every supermarket in America. He's one of the money guys who got in on this.

Reports are that Ballast was sold for a surprisingly low price. My good good beer homies who have strong regional distro like Solemn Oath could raise the hundred mil or so to buy a distressed Ballast property, their brewery is worth that easily. Ditto Revolution, who isn't any VC/finance guys.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Here we go: Kate wrote up a report for GBH. Reportedly prices as low as a hundred million had been floated.