People in cars

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: People in cars

Post by 33anda3rd »

Freed Roger wrote:I dont think you guys can fairly project Chicago douchebags and Cub fans that also happen to be cyclists onto everywhere else. But [expletive] in cars are universal
I demand your view bow to the reality of my bubble.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

33anda3rd wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:I dont think you guys can fairly project Chicago douchebags and Cub fans that also happen to be cyclists onto everywhere else. But [expletive] in cars are universal
Spending 2 days in Chicago a year every other year or so makes me authority. :wink:
------------
My sis in-law who lives up there insists on making everything an ordeal -so we HAD to ride bikes to dinner in Northside. we didn't really know where the destination was, and had little choice but to follow. She had us biking on sidewalks with a lot of pedestrians. It wasn't cool at all. I must have apologized to at least a dozen people and had several more justly cursing me

I found my own way back later, but didnt have proper lighting on my bike for street riding -but I stayed in the street anyhow.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

lukethedrifter wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:Imagine if people in cars decided that the rules of the road only apply to them when they feel like it. Imagine if people in cars actually were the worst actors on the road. If they just blew through stop lights and made wide turns into oncoming traffic while going against traffic on a one-way street. If they just popped up onto sidewalks when they needed to--because, seriously, why should we have to stop for anything? Stopping is for the morally inferior among us.--and then popped down onto the street and squeezed between a couple other cars. Imagine if motorists drove like bicyclists.

The death toll would be a national emergency.
Apparently you haven’t been to St Louis.
I don’t think you got the joke.

/it’s not really a joke

We really don’t have a douchebag cyclists culture here so much. Oh i know a couple. Most of the local complaints i hear are like my father in law [expletive] about a guy slowing Clayton Rd traffic by, gasp, riding his bike. Or the people who get mad that a cyclist rolls a stop sign.

I’ve had people get right up on my ass then blow their horn, veer at me. Because roads are for cars.

Your Portland & Chitown mileage may vary.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Freed Roger wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Spending 2 days in Chicago a year every other year or so makes me authority. :wink:
------------
My sis in-law who lives up there insists on making everything an ordeal -so we HAD to ride bikes to dinner in Northside. we didn't really know where the destination was, and had little choice but to follow. She had us biking on sidewalks with a lot of pedestrians. It wasn't cool at all. I must have apologized to at least a dozen people and had several more justly cursing me

I found my own way back later, but didnt have proper lighting on my bike for street riding -but I stayed in the street anyhow.
Oh hell no. Adults biking on the sidewalk is my ultimate pet peeve, probably even more than off-leash dogs. It's illegal, actually, to bike on the sidewalk if you are over age 12.

If you're too scared to ride on the actual street, just take the bus. Not a shot at you, Freed, I know you were just following orders.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

G. Keenan wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
------------

Oh hell no. Adults biking on the sidewalk is my ultimate pet peeve, probably even more than off-leash dogs. It's illegal, actually, to bike on the sidewalk if you are over age 12.

If you're too scared to ride on the actual street, just take the bus. Not a shot at you, Freed, I know you were just following orders.
In urban centers that makes sense, but it’s not illegal everywhere. You get out of the city and people are driving faster, there’s no bike lane and the sidewalks are practically empty. I’ve used them a lot around here.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

ghostrunner wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
------------

In urban centers that makes sense, but it’s not illegal everywhere. You get out of the city and people are driving faster, there’s no bike lane and the sidewalks are practically empty. I’ve used them a lot around here.
Sure, local customs shall apply. Here, it's not allowed. No doubt Freed got a lot of angry stares from pedestrians wondering what the hell this small group of adults were doing biking on the sidewalk. It's unbecoming.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Driving in to work this morning on the 303 - big loop around Phoenix metro.

3 to 4 lanes.

I am in the middle lane - 65 mph speed limit, cruise set at 71.

Both the lane to my right and the lane to my left are wide open.

Old lady comes flying up in the middle lane and tailgates me for about a mile until I moved over to the right lane, and then she blew by me giving me a dirty glance as she went by.

[expletive] you old lady - you could have easily gone around me, but you made me change lanes so you didn't have to.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

wart57 wrote:Driving in to work this morning on the 303 - big loop around Phoenix metro.

3 to 4 lanes.

Old lady comes flying up in the middle lane and tailgates me for about a mile until I moved over to the right lane, and then she blew by me giving me a dirty glance as she went by.

[expletive] you old lady - you could have easily gone around me, but you made me change lanes so you didn't have to.
In this situation, I have been known to slowly decelerate until Mama Bluehair goes around. Screw her.

Not really. I mean, I wouldn't - it's just an expression.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
wart57 wrote:Driving in to work this morning on the 303 - big loop around Phoenix metro.

3 to 4 lanes.

In this situation, I have been known to slowly decelerate until Mama Bluehair goes around. Screw her.

Not really. I mean, I wouldn't - it's just an expression.
What if she looked like this....
[SHOW]

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Oblivious jerks aka carcissists block side street intersection bc they need to be right up in the red light line not allowing room for me to get across EVEN THOUGH I WAS THERE AS THEY CREPT UP TO STANDSTILL.

DAMN THE BICYCLISTS.