Where is Smith Corks One legally obligated to live?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Atlanta
No votes
New Orleans
No votes
Charleston
6%
San Fran/Bay Area
24%
San Diego
29%
Seattle
6%
Austin/San Antonio
12%
Mexico City
6%
Boulder/Denver
6%
Somewhere in Oregon
12%

Total votes: 17

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Here are his ranked criteria. Vote or die.

1) A big, or pretty big, city. Something that's walkable. My wife's from a big city in Vietnam, and misses that big city vibe; I've always been fascinated with the idea.

t-2) Somewhere with good air quality. It's awful here in our factory town, and we both have been having all kinds of sinus issues; can't help but think it's related to the bad air.

t-2) Great restaurants, with plenty of Asian and vegetarian options, where it's extremely easy to get food late at night. Wife misses getting hungry at 10 p.m. and being able to walk a few hundred yards to get something to eat. She's not a big fan of most American food, and I'm not able to quickly whip up a bowl of pho or a banh mi at a moment's notice.

t-4) Mild winters and lots of sun. This is a tough one, because I'm afraid it eliminates a lot of options that meet the other criteria. So I will say the sunshine is more important than the mild winters - she's gotten used to dealing with the cold, so I think we could handle it if the city was awesome enough. Can't compromise on the sunshine, though - we hate dreary, overcast days.

t-4) Nearby the ocean, or at least a giant (i.e., Great) lake. She grew up right by the sea/ocean, and is convinced it also helped keep her sinuses clear.

6) Cool things to do, even if it's just walking around, people watching, etc.

7) Insulation from climate change. Obviously, climate change can manifest in a lot of different ways, so not too concerned with this one. But it probably eliminates extreme places like Miami and Phoenix.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Where is Smith Corks One legally obligated to live?

Post by mikechamp »

Where is the "Next to Leroy's house" option?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

mikechamp wrote:Where is the "Next to Leroy's house" option?
Too close to the woodchipper. Keep me as far away from North Dakota as possible.

Also, since this poll was created by a bona fide counselor at law, I will have no choice but to abide by the board's decision.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Cork. Ireland.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

lukethedrifter wrote:Cork. Ireland.
This. Loved visiting there and felt a connection. Then DNA folks told me it is one of my ancestral homes.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I don't understand Oregon. They want big city and near the ocean. If 'near the ocean' means 'within less than an hour's travel to the ocean' you ain't going to get that in Oregon. Also, the Oregon cost is COLD most of the year.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:I don't understand Oregon. They want big city and near the ocean. If 'near the ocean' means 'within less than an hour's travel to the ocean' you ain't going to get that in Oregon. Also, the Oregon cost is COLD most of the year.
A highly scientific quiz placed Smith and others in Oregon's loving embrace.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:I don't understand Oregon. They want big city and near the ocean. If 'near the ocean' means 'within less than an hour's travel to the ocean' you ain't going to get that in Oregon. Also, the Oregon cost is COLD most of the year.
Some people rec’d Portland, others that beach where Goonies was filmed. So there’s a poll option for Oregon.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

heyzeus wrote:
Some people rec’d Portland, others that beach where Goonies was filmed. So there’s a poll option for Oregon.
Portland is 60 miles away and Astoria is cold and rainy.