99% conan clips

Re: Offseason disappointment

Post by Jocephus »

anything to save a buck

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I'm really looking forward to the season, but most of my apprehension is to do with the way baseball as a whole is run, not the Cardinals in particular. The way the commissioner was economical with the details of the report on the Astros; the stupid idea to extend the offseason, making the regular season even less essential viewing; and the increasing realisation that the people who run baseball don't seem to have any particular love for the sport (the contraction of the minor leagues, billionaires pleading poverty). $15 beers at the ballpark, etc.

Talking of MLB.tv, Mrs Mortimer has T-Mobile, so I presume we'll get it free again this year. Do I trick the site into thinking I'm overseas with a VPN, or just use Reddit's MLBstreams?

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

With Eden (in the form of the Cincinnati) to the East and a season likely to be mired in dubious battle, this truly is the winter of our discontent.

dan_yall
Veteran Player

Post by dan_yall »

I'm ready for them to get on board with this cheating trend that everyone's doing now.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

dan_yall wrote:
February 14 20, 4:04 pm
I'm ready for them to get on board with this cheating trend that everyone's doing now.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Farewell Friends wrote:
February 14 20, 1:47 pm
GRB has been perpetually disappointed in the Cardinals offseason since the forum opened 14 years ago, so I’m not sure why 2020 is so different.
Sure you are.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
February 14 20, 4:39 pm
Farewell Friends wrote:
GRB has been perpetually disappointed in the Cardinals offseason since the forum opened 14 years ago, so I’m not sure why 2020 is so different.
Sure you are.
Sure I am what

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Farewell Friends wrote:
February 14 20, 10:08 pm
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
February 14 20, 4:39 pm
Farewell Friends wrote:
Sure you are.
Sure I am what
Understanding why this offseason was more disappointing than most over the last 14 years.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Only thing I’m disappointed in was not getting Nolan Arenado but that was always a long shot. Things I’m most excited for are Martinez back in the rotation, Flaherty, seeing if Reyes shows any signs of life, Dylan Carlson eventually making it to the big club and seeing if Carpenter can bounce back.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

So either my post never went through or it got deleted for being abrasive and if so, I apologize. However, every February is the culmination of the Most Disappointing Offseason since the last one, which was the Most Disappointing Offseason since the one before that and so on. And every February brings the same “I’m not even excited for the season” refrain. There are absolutely legitimate criticisms to make, but it strains credibility when it’s the same stale sentiment expressed at the end of every winter.