Post by Smith Corks One »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 2 20, 8:54 am
Smith Corks One wrote:
March 2 20, 7:21 am
I wash my car MAYBE once a year.

I don't think that deal's for me.
I don't like salt on my cars.
I've never noticed. What does it look like? Maybe because my car's white?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: First world problems.

Post by CardsofSTL »

Smith Corks One wrote:
March 2 20, 12:19 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
March 2 20, 8:54 am
Smith Corks One wrote:
March 2 20, 7:21 am
I wash my car MAYBE once a year.

I don't think that deal's for me.
I don't like salt on my cars.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Smith Corks One wrote:
March 2 20, 12:19 pm

As a fellow white vehicle owner, put on some dark pants and lean against your car. You'll see.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I've never been one to regularly run through car washes or anything for the past 20 years or so when I would always make sure my Z28 was spotless for the first year or so after I bought it but with the Infiniti I have been taking advantage of Waterway's $20/month subscription. The car wash is two blocks away so it is convenient and I run through there two or three times a month.

The other night after getting home I noticed what I thought at first was a section of missing paint on my passengers side like somebody scraped the [expletive] out of my door. After further review, it was just some really nasty bird poo thankfully. I hopped right back in the car and went to the car wash. Parking under a tree stinks. I also realized that I'd better not ever forget to close the sunroof or else I'm coming back to a car filled with bird crap.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Bird poop and salt will take paint off of vehicles.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Then it's a good thing that I run through the car wash at least three times a month! Unfortunately there is nowhere in my neighborhood that I can park that isn't going to result in my car being bombarded by birds.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

So, due to this coronavirus thing...........although I have plenty of meats, I'm unable to find any bread when I shopped tonight after work, through several stores. Can't even make a freakin sandwich. I'd been ok on toilet paper, since I live by myself, & work long hours, but I saw nothing of that, no eggs, no bananas, no canned tuna, soup, chili, etc.
I resorted to buying some crappy frozen meals.

So a question popped up in my mind, & I remembered this thread:
Being unable to buy basics in this civilization, would this be considered a first world problem?....because I felt like I was almost in a 'third world" situation.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I still haven't tried to do my shopping to stock up although I will have to soon. I have no food in the apartment and after yesterday, I'm forced to work from home until at least April 10 now. I forgot what a pain in the rear it is to set everything up until this morning again. It shouldn't have taken me a freaking hour to get things situated.

Yesterday somebody came around to do a headcount and ask those of us in the building why we were there. At least when I said that I don't feel that I can be as productive without multiple monitors and such, the response was take anything I need home from the office and don't come back. It felt like I was quitting and stealing everything I could last night when I walked out of the building knowing that I wouldn't be there for almost a month. Still feels really weird but at least I have what I need to get things done at home now. I took a monitor (already had one at home I can use), docking station, keyboard, mouse, etc. I might actually go back and get the other monitor though. The one I have at home is old and a completely different aspect ratio than I'm used to which does matter when formatting reports since nobody else will see them the same way if I do them on this one.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Dude, stock up. Grocery stores are getting hit hard. They are getting restocked, but people keep buying everything.