Slight Forum Rearrangement

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Re: Slight Forum Rearrangement

Post by TheoSqua »

Ads have been turned on for guests. I'm letting google auto-insert ads, so I don't have control over where they appear. If it looks obnoxious and makes the forum unusable i'll probably remove them, but thought this was a good time to at least experiment with what they look like.

I don't have any plans on inserting ads for logged-in users, so if you see ads when logged in let me know so I can try to figure out why that's happening. I definitely don't want our user experience to be like nsbb (no offense TT).

Tags:

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Any idea why Politics won't show up under Active Topics?

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
March 25 20, 10:54 am
Any idea why Politics won't show up under Active Topics?
There's a setting on each forum to add it. When politics was split out it was intentionally decided it wouldn't be added to the search index or active topics.

When I was messing around with the admin stuff a few months ago I noticed it wasn't in search and added it. When it was brought to my attention that this was intentional I reverted it back to not appear in active topics or search.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

TheoSqua wrote:
March 25 20, 10:48 am
Ads have been turned on for guests. I'm letting google auto-insert ads, so I don't have control over where they appear. If it looks obnoxious and makes the forum unusable i'll probably remove them, but thought this was a good time to at least experiment with what they look like.

I don't have any plans on inserting ads for logged-in users, so if you see ads when logged in let me know so I can try to figure out why that's happening. I definitely don't want our user experience to be like nsbb (no offense TT).
Please don't click on ads every day. Google dinged us for manipulating ads, so it thinks people are intentionally manipulating clicks.

So if you're not logged in and you see an ad you're interested in, feel free to click it. But please don't try to over-click ads as that will just cause our account to get suspended.