Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I've decided I just don't like it much. Either I feel a little dizzy or I can't remember how to finish my sentences. About one time in five I hit a sweet spot in between--and I'm not super motivated to dial it in. One hit when I'm drinking is good. But I don't drink an awful lot either--was sort of interested in weed as an alternative. Appetite is an issue as well, as discussed before--but sounds like that might be a strain issue/easy fix. I got over my coughing like an ahole thing. But still just think maybe it's not for me.

I likely never would have tried it seriously as an edge taker-offer if it wasn't legal.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Virus will likely doom effort to put weed legalization on Missouri ballot

I didn't think about this. Dang. also helps MO Trump-GOP-Nazi party in November.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

So i started with 5mg and not really sure if i felt anything. In fact, I'm pretty all it did was make me tired, so the second time i ate a full 10mg gummie and it definitely had a kick to it, though again all it really did was make me more drawsy than anything.

It's 100% THC. So does anyone have any recommendations on something that may not make me so drowsy?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

go birds wrote:
April 4 20, 10:01 am
So i started with 5mg and not really sure if i felt anything. In fact, I'm pretty all it did was make me tired, so the second time i ate a full 10mg gummie and it definitely had a kick to it, though again all it really did was make me more drawsy than anything.

It's 100% THC. So does anyone have any recommendations on something that may not make me so drowsy?
Even edibles should be labeled Sativa, Indica, or Hybrid. Go with a straight Sativa and drowsiness shouldn't be an issue. Just be sure to take it early enough that it doesn't affect your sleep if you're wanting a good night's sleep.

Also, personal preference, but with things like gummies, I like to let them dissolve under my tongue or in my cheeks as much as possible to speed up the onset and shorten the duration a little bit. Straight enteric absorption can take an hour or more to start to kick in and last 6-8 hours, which is fine if you're up for it. If you do choose to just eat it and go for that full on experience, I recommend eating on an empty stomach and eating something with some fats in it at t+1 hour (peanut butter sandwich, a couple of cookies, etc.)

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Smith Corks One wrote:
April 4 20, 10:56 am
go birds wrote:

Even edibles should be labeled Sativa, Indica, or Hybrid. Go with a straight Sativa and drowsiness shouldn't be an issue. Just be sure to take it early enough that it doesn't affect your sleep if you're wanting a good night's sleep.

Also, personal preference, but with things like gummies, I like to let them dissolve under my tongue or in my cheeks as much as possible to speed up the onset and shorten the duration a little bit. Straight enteric absorption can take an hour or more to start to kick in and last 6-8 hours, which is fine if you're up for it. If you do choose to just eat it and go for that full on experience, I recommend eating on an empty stomach and eating something with some fats in it at t+1 hour (peanut butter sandwich, a couple of cookies, etc.)
awesome! thanks for the tip. I'll give the Sativa a try.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

go birds wrote:
April 4 20, 11:09 am
Smith Corks One wrote:
April 4 20, 10:56 am
go birds wrote:

awesome! thanks for the tip. I'll give the Sativa a try.
Yeah, you definitely want Sativa if drowsiness is an issue.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Due to Covid I've decided to temporarily stop vaping. I gotta keep my lungs strong. Fortunately I still have some edibles. I'm trying to space out consumption to keep my tolerance at reasonable levels so I don't run out too quickly. I've got about 150mg left. After that I'm on a hiatus.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Michael wrote:
April 5 20, 10:46 am
Due to Covid I've decided to temporarily stop vaping. I gotta keep my lungs strong. Fortunately I still have some edibles. I'm trying to space out consumption to keep my tolerance at reasonable levels so I don't run out too quickly. I've got about 150mg left. After that I'm on a hiatus.
You're a stronger man than I.

I've been vaping thc, pretty much daily, for two years now and My O2 levels are always 100% so I'm still going strong. Went into social distancing on a Friday and ran out of flower by the next Wednesday so...

I mean quarantining without it would be tedious as hell.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Just remember - hiatus will provide you will some amazingly great highs once you're back on. Wait a month and you'll feel like a weed virgin.

Instead of a complete hiatus, maybe a bit of moderation might be a good idea? Even a 3 day break will give you a nice high pop when you're a daily smoker/vaper.

I have like 4 full vape cartridges, but they are collecting dust right now. We simply don't know the impacts of covid for vapers even with good O2 levels.

In the meantime I'm catching up on a lot of TV/movies that doesn't mix well with weed.

Stay safe!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

If I did memes, I would make one with the guy checking out the other girl while his girlfriend glares at him.

The girlfriend would be my lungs, the guy would be me, and the other girl would be "not being bored out of my mind during social distancing."