Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Random musings

Post by tlombard »

I happened across the final episode of Home Improvement on TV last night and I don't think I'd ever seen it before. Why was Mark using a camcorder to film the final episode of Tool Time? They have a VCR at home? Are we supposed to believe that Tim Taylor couldn't have gotten copies of the final show including anything that wasn't aired from the production company and/or Binford? I guess they just needed something for Mark to do other than sit there and look stupid in the shots. And where was the Randy in all of this? I don't remember seeing him?

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

tlombard wrote:
May 22 20, 8:21 am
I happened across the final episode of Home Improvement on TV last night and I don't think I'd ever seen it before. Why was Mark using a camcorder to film the final episode of Tool Time? They have a VCR at home?

It was 1998. DVD hadn't taken off yet.
Are we supposed to believe that Tim Taylor couldn't have gotten copies of the final show including anything that wasn't aired from the production company and/or Binford?

Considering he quit due to conflict with the execs, he may have figured he couldn't.
I guess they just needed something for Mark to do other than sit there and look stupid in the shots.

Whatever works.
And where was the Randy in all of this? I don't remember seeing him?
Randy left the show at the start of the final season. He returned for the Christmas episode, but not the finale.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Man I hate 2020. So the Illinois River is going way up again. Probably going to get into my cabin again..... Meanwhile over here in the Mississippi River bottoms it hailed this morning and got 100 acres of my corn. Somehow through all of this I still feel really lucky, but it's getting old.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

obucard wrote:
May 22 20, 10:44 am
tlombard wrote:
I happened across the final episode of Home Improvement on TV last night and I don't think I'd ever seen it before. Why was Mark using a camcorder to film the final episode of Tool Time? They have a VCR at home?

Are we supposed to believe that Tim Taylor couldn't have gotten copies of the final show including anything that wasn't aired from the production company and/or Binford?

Considering he quit due to conflict with the execs, he may have figured he couldn't.
I guess they just needed something for Mark to do other than sit there and look stupid in the shots.

Whatever works.
Randy left the show at the start of the final season. He returned for the Christmas episode, but not the finale.
I am impressed with your knowledge of all things Home Improvement. I bow to you sir.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Here's how I spent Memorial Day. Down at the river. The bald eagles started appearing about 10 years ago, and it's still a rare and special site to see them. However, this one was stalking and diving on a mother merganser and her babies. Ain't that just like America today, tearing apart families? So I threw rocks at it. Couldn't reach it. So I tried making loud noises throwing big rocks in shallow water. I never did scare it off.

If you're worried about my allegiance, I sang God Bless America as I threw rocks at the bald eagle, so it's ok.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

2020 just keeps on giving. We had the local fertilizer company come spray 460 acres of our corn we couldn't get to. They sprayed the wrong stuff and killed every freaking acre of it. I was headed into the shop this morning and you could just see it all turning brown.

Waiting on the owner of the company to get here.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

obucard wrote:
May 22 20, 10:44 am
tlombard wrote:

Whatever works.
Hey, do you know where I can get ahold of that machine that turned Urkel from Steven into Stefan? I want to try something.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Urkel was chasing the wrong woman on that show. Myra was absolutely one of my childhood crushes.

RIP Michelle Thomas.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

IMADreamer wrote:
May 29 20, 9:28 am
2020 just keeps on giving. We had the local fertilizer company come spray 460 acres of our corn we couldn't get to. They sprayed the wrong stuff and killed every freaking acre of it. I was headed into the shop this morning and you could just see it all turning brown.

HOLY CR@P! IMA, can you get compensated for that???

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

GeddyWrox wrote:
May 29 20, 2:00 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
May 29 20, 9:28 am

HOLY CR@P! IMA, can you get compensated for that???
Yeah we are going to work out something. It's basically a quarter million dollar screw up just in labor, seed, chemical. Not to mention the value of the mature crop which would be around 350k. The problem is, it's basically June and too late to plant corn and expect good results. So we have to figure out if we switch to beans there, if that's possible, what is the compensation to make up the difference. It may not be possible, because they aren't even sure what their employee sprayed on it just yet. They are working on that today. If it's something residual we may not be able to grow anything there this year. It's a mess. The company that did it has insurance for this sort of thing, we do too, so something will get done. We have a narrowing window on doing something though.