Cutting the Cable/Satellite Cord

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Re: Cutting the Cable/Satellite Cord

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

tlombard wrote:
June 9 20, 9:12 am
Does Pluto TV have Me.TV? I'm specifically looking for Hogan's Heroes. I generally watch that from 9-10pm each night but last night the weather was messing with my reception and it annoyed me. Otherwise I think I have everything else I could possibly want, and way too many subscriptions.
Just scrolled through the guide and didn’t notice that channel or Hogans Heroes, but its possible i missed it.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
June 11 20, 8:06 pm
tlombard wrote:
Does Pluto TV have Me.TV? I'm specifically looking for Hogan's Heroes. I generally watch that from 9-10pm each night but last night the weather was messing with my reception and it annoyed me. Otherwise I think I have everything else I could possibly want, and way too many subscriptions.
Just scrolled through the guide and didn’t notice that channel or Hogans Heroes, but its possible i missed it.
It is really weird. That seems to be the one single show that I just can't find anywhere. I guess whoever holds the rights to it is being very stingy with it, LOL. I've seen them all by now and don't even know why I want to be able to stream it so much since I'm normally not into any of the older shows from that era.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

when you google HH it shows the subscription services it is on

YouTube TV
Subscription

Sling TV
Subscription

fuboTV
Subscription

Philo
Subscription

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

That is basically saying 'you can watch Hogan's Heroes on these apps when the show airs on a particular cable station those apps carry', since all of those are live TV streaming services.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

tlombard wrote:
June 12 20, 8:37 am
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
June 11 20, 8:06 pm
tlombard wrote:
It is really weird. That seems to be the one single show that I just can't find anywhere. I guess whoever holds the rights to it is being very stingy with it, LOL. I've seen them all by now and don't even know why I want to be able to stream it so much since I'm normally not into any of the older shows from that era.
Get a better antenna tlombard!

It amuses me that your can't miss show is from the 60's

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It would be a massive understatement to say that I'm a bit weird when it comes to a lot of things, LOL.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

For the last three years, YouTube TV has been the affordable alternative to pricier live TV streaming services, such as Hulu and AT&T TV. But that price gap just vanished. YouTube TV is jumping from $50 a month to $65 due to the “rising cost of content,” the company announced in a blog post.

You’ll get eight new channels for your money—BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1—with six more coming later this year, for a total of 85+ channels to watch.

But this isn’t exactly the cord-cutting utopia we once envisioned. It’s not a world in which you could ditch the expensive cable TV package and pick and choose the channels you wanted for a much lower monthly price. It once felt that way: Each service offered different bundles of channels, so you could decide which to subscribe to based on what you wanted to watch. Now what appears to be happening, FastCompany noted last summer, is that media company mergers are forcing streaming TV services to add channels—including ones many people might not want—and raising their prices in the process. So you have to pay more for a subscription bloated with options, with no choice to ditch the [expletive] you don’t want to see. Kinda sounds exactly like cable, right?
https://gizmodo.com/youtube-tv-jacks-up ... 1844222009

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Yeah, this sucks. That said, disney plus with hulu and espn+ for $12.99/month is all I need so youtube can piss off. Really, all I want is ESPN and that's, mostly, just for college football. So... Plus, not giving a [expletive] about MLB means no longer having to be tethered to a Fox Sports channel.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Not sure if you’ve gone through a football season on ESPN+, but if memory serves you would need a cable login to watch anything that airs on ESPN, ESPN2, SECN, etc. Only small conference or otherwise untelevised games would be available, the stuff that used to be ‘ESPN+’ before it rebranded as WatchESPN and before this subscription service that is also called ESPN+

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Well, [expletive].