Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Re: 2020 MLB Draft Talk

Post by phins »

phins wrote:
June 25 20, 12:50 pm
jack76 wrote:
June 25 20, 6:18 am
MLBTradrumors has it as follows:
The Cardinals announced the signing of second-round pick Masyn Winn on Wednesday, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch relays. Winn will earn $2.1MM, which is above the $1,338,500 recommended slot value of his pick (No. 54), per Jim Callis of MLB.com. Winn, a Texas high school shortstop/right-hander who committed to Arkansas before the draft, is a legitimate prospect on both ends, according to Callis.

My math says the Cards have 1.925 M left for Tink and Bedell.
Agreed. Assuming it will be something like $1.37m for Hence and 550k for Bedell.
Bedell got quite a bit more than this (850k) and Tink came in just over a million dollars. I did view Bedell as a 2nd round type, so he got that level of money at least.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

The Cardinals announced they agreed to terms with University of Southern California left-hander John Beller as a non-drafted free agent on Saturday. The Hermosa Beach, Calif., native had a 2.86 ERA in three years with the Trojans, seeing time in both the bullpen and rotation. He made 11 starts and 38 appearances in those three years, striking out 125 in 122 2/3 innings. In the pandemic-shortened 2020 season, Beller made two starts in four appearances with a 1.12 ERA. He struck out 25 batters in 24 innings.

After the shortened five-round MLB Draft in June, the Cardinals can continue to sign non-drafted free agents until those players begin their next season. So far, they’ve added nine prospects through free agency.

phins

Post by phins »

With the news of Jordan Walker making the team, it was fun to read through this thread.

For a night after type analysis, much of which was off memory, I think I did alright in my recap.

Walker and Winn wouldn’t have been my picks. Oh Lance, I’m glad they didn’t listen to you.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

since i rail on the FO alot, its only fair i give them their props. that 2020 draft is looking nice right now. was that the 5 rounds draft?

walker/winn/hence? good haul

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

go birds wrote:
March 27 23, 7:50 am
since i rail on the FO alot, its only fair i give them their props. that 2020 draft is looking nice right now. was that the 5 rounds draft?

walker/winn/hence? good haul
yeah, just 5 rounds

don't forget Burleson also!

damn fine draft

phins

Post by phins »

Ian Bedell and LJ Jones are both actual prospects. Bedell in the top-30 area and Jones in the "has a bat, watch him" prospect range.