MMA Thread II

A forum for non-baseball sports
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: MMA Thread II

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

thrill wrote:
July 10 20, 7:29 pm
Tomorrow’s card rules even though the guys I want to win will not win (Aldo, Holloway, & Masvidal).
Kinda thought Holloway won that.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Dude he got robbed. Volkonovski scoring cheap takedowns that he did nothing with to score points shouldn't be the difference. Max controlled that entire fight. Every exchange was on his terms. He planted himself on the outside, pinned Alex up against the fence and just circled him the entire time. That was an easy 3-2 Holloway for me. Neither really did enough to put an authoritative stamp on it, but based on what I saw, Max should be the champ.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Haven't seen the fight, but I don't understand why takedowns that lead to nothing help fighters score with the judges.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

This is three losses out of Max's last 4 and every time he kept pace, threw similar or better volume, essentially fought his fight, but didn't have the power to put his opponent out. He knocked Volk down twice so he's finding his spots and just not turning the lights out. Poirier and Volk are both extremely, extremely fit and durable, but those are the dudes he needed to beat on the night.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I'm really liking the fights without crowds. Watching and listening MMA is so much more visceral. I have a new appreciation for how awful those leg and body kicks must feel.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Was curious about the line for DC v Stipe III. Before looking, I couldn't think of a single good reason to bet on Stipe/against DC and they're both -110?

I don't know, man. I'm not going to bet, but DC seems like an absolute lock. There's no way he loses this fight.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Didn't you pick Stipe in the last fight? I remember I got like every pick on that card wrong.

The biggest thing that gives me pause is DC is getting really old. Sometimes guys like him turn in a pumpkin overnight. Regardless, I'm rooting for him.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Stipe is super old too. I did pick Stipe but obviously got lucky. If DC had stuck with the grappling and not tried to stand right in front of him looking for the KO, it would’ve gone the other way. DC isn’t going to make that mistake again, in his legacy defining final fight.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Damn, Stipe. Bad, bad MF’er.

They better pay Jon Jones. I want to see that fight so bad.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Dc lost an eye halfway through it.