Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Random musings

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

And I feel a little disgusted for my fascination. I watched an interview with their friend Melanie Gibb, it's on YouTube. It appears that these two were looking for some justification to bang each other through twisting and perverting the conservative constraints of their religion and got extremely carried away.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Shingles kinda sucks.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Sweet corn is ready. Happy 4th of July!

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

So you may remember my story about the company spraying the wrong stuff on my corn which killed over 400 acres of it. That left me with another 800 or so acres. Mother nature looked down on my corn crop, which was sure to be a good one, and said [expletive] you. All of it, all of it, is flat after today's storm. I give up.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

IMADreamer wrote:
August 10 20, 3:48 pm
So you may remember my story about the company spraying the wrong stuff on my corn which killed over 400 acres of it. That left me with another 800 or so acres. Mother nature looked down on my corn crop, which was sure to be a good one, and said [expletive] you. All of it, all of it, is flat after today's storm. I give up.
How awful, IMA. My heart goes out to you.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
August 10 20, 4:48 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
That really sucks, IMA. Any chance some of it will bounce back?

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
August 10 20, 5:40 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
August 10 20, 4:48 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
That really sucks, IMA. Any chance some of it will bounce back?
It's too late in the season. If this happened a month ago maybe, but the corn is all pollinated and filling ears. Some of it has already started to turn on the bottom of the plant. We can probably still get some of it with a reel on our corn head, but that basically ruins the combine because it will have a lot of dirt and mud in it. I think for insurance to cover we will have to make an effort to get as much as we can. That was how it was the last time this happened, which was in 2008. That year was not nearly as bad as this. Basically this makes for a nightmare harvest. We probably had 6 weeks of corn harvest as it was. This easily doubles that.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Dude that's brutal. Sorry to hear it.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Saw this image of crop damage being visible from space.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

That's insane that such a huge area was hit. It was pretty spotty here. Our farm, couple neighbors, and then it look like the storm let up a bit and then there is some crop damage in the center part of the county. Nothing like up in Iowa though. Going to be a long harvest for a lot of us.