movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by mikechamp »

The editor of this article clearly wasn't paying attention to the years listed on some of these movies, but this is a fun look into the (hopeful) future of movie releases. Some were merely delayed, while others I had not heard anything about yet.
The most exciting upcoming movies of 2020 and beyond

With cinemas around the world slowly opening up, we can look towards the upcoming movies destined to touch down sometime soon. Of course, the big one everyone's talking about happens to be Christopher Nolan's Tenet, a time inverting adventure that every film fan is desperately awaiting with bated breath.

What else is on the way? Well, quite a lot actually. Everything that was due out these last few weeks (Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984, No Time to Die, etc) has been pushed back, meaning they remain on this list of upcoming movies. We've tailored the below for you, dear reader, to present only the biggest and best blockbusters coming soon. And, if you want more on the coronavirus delays, you can find our more detailed list here.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mos ... 01488.html

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

For those who are interested in Nolan films:
A new fan theory connects Tenet to Interstellar and it actually makes sense

When Tenet's first trailer debuted what seems like a lifetime ago, fans of Christopher Nolan's movies were quick to point out repeated themes from the other films in his body of work. Nolan has always been interested in time, memory and reality as they intersect, and Tenet seemed to be the apotheosis of all of these things.

There was something about Tenet that led many people to draw parallels to Nolan's 2010 film Inception; some saw it as a sequel to the movie, while others called it a companion film — something that exists in the same universe and themes but isn't a direct follow-up. However, Inception doesn't toy with time exactly, but rather with the subconscious and in this way, as far as we're concerned, it's better linked to another Nolan work, Memento.

As for Tenet, a new theory on Reddit posits that it's actually the prequel to Nolan's 2014 film Interstellar.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fan ... 00123.html

greys
Single A Minor League Player

Post by greys »

The Big Lebowski, I've never seen this so thought its about time to change that and im a bit disappointed tbh as it has quite the following. Enjoyable for sure though but not stand out, maybe if i'd watched it closer to release i'd feel different. The royal tenenbaums next

greys
Single A Minor League Player

Post by greys »

Tenet 6.5/10
I'm not a huge Christopher Nolan fan, but I thought it was fine, not great. I didn't find it overly confusing but I would like to watch the end section again as there were a couple of bits that lost me. I also agree with others about the sound mix, there were a few times I was straining to hear what was being said, maybe subtitles next time.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

greys wrote:
September 13 20, 7:21 am
The Big Lebowski, I've never seen this so thought its about time to change that and im a bit disappointed tbh as it has quite the following. Enjoyable for sure though but not stand out, maybe if i'd watched it closer to release i'd feel different. The royal tenenbaums next
Cut-and-pasted review taken from overclockers.co.uk: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/t ... /page-2571

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i knew it!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

sighyoung wrote:
September 14 20, 8:42 am
greys wrote:
September 13 20, 7:21 am
Cut-and-pasted review taken from overclockers.co.uk: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/t ... /page-2571
He's our new pet.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

He consistently steals from reviews I generally agree with.

I saw tenet. Kept an eye on the online reservations and found one with only three other people in the entire theater.

I generally love Nolan. He's intensely one-note in that all of his movies are about time and it's relationship to story telling. Usually, some kind of plot tethers it enough to still be a great movie and not just self-indulgence. In Tenet, he gets to wallow in his own head like a pig in slop.

It was totally cool with many cool performances, but it's not great. 'lil Denzel is intentionally anonymous and extremely stoic. He's an EXTREMELY physically credible action star, which makes sense since he played in the NFL. Robert Pattinson is cool as hell. They never, ever explore any personality or relationships of any of the characters except the boring ass bad guy who is essentially Roman Abramovich if he was entangled in a time travel conspiracy. That's not a spoiler, because the movie is basically impossible to spoil. The action scenes are astounding and groundbreaking in a way that seems incredibly impressive on the scale of the first time you watch The Raid or The Matrix, but since it's in service of Nolan's time [expletive], it's not going to become a repeatable recipe for other movies the way those others did.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

doc on cannon films

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

The Big Lebowski, I've never seen this so thought its about time to change that and im a bit disappointed tbh as it has quite the following. Enjoyable for sure though but not stand out, maybe if i'd watched it closer to release i'd feel different.
The royal tenenbaums next