MMA Thread II

A forum for non-baseball sports
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: MMA Thread II

Post by Michael »

Honestly, my love for UFC is starting to wane. It's so damn violent and I hate the people running it. At this point I'm only watching stuff 2 weeks after the fact on ESPN+. I also used to watch all the fights on a card, but at this point I'm only interested in the top fights.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

As someone who grew up boxing and loved boxing, I never cared for MMA. It was too violent if that makes sense?

I also don't care for the "Affliction" t-shirt, douchebag culture that it goes along with it.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Michael wrote:
September 29 20, 6:24 pm
Okay, so DC has bad takes on things. He's a total UFC shill. He's a good announcer tho.
100%, as we discussed, DC is basically a UFC spokesperson, which leads me to believe this gift from on high MIGHT actually happen:
A super fight with no belts on the line actually makes a ton of sense.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I'm weirdly looking forward to Ortega vs. The Korean Zombie tonight. I've always felt Ortega was overrated, but I'm very curious to see how he rebounds after a brutal loss, a long layoff and switching camps. He's still young and maybe with the right camp he can become truly elite. On the other side, The Korean Zombie puts on great fights and it is good to see him make a mini comeback after his early hype kinda fizzled. I'd love to see him get a title shot.

I'm a little surprised Ortega is a +200ish betting dog. I agree he should be the underdog, but that spread feels a little aggressive.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Michael wrote:
October 17 20, 2:30 pm
He's still young and maybe with the right camp he can become truly elite.
It would appear that this is the case. That spinning elbow :shock:

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Khabib is a beautiful martial artist. Good lord. A Mozart of violence.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

As much as I hate to admit it, McGregor vs Poirier is interesting. Poirier is around +225 and I'd take that bet. I see this fight more as a pick 'em.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I really like Dustin, and definitely think he's got a chance, but I wouldn't make that bet. He gets rocked at least once in every fight. His big wins - Holloway, Gaethje, Alvarez (x2), Hooker, etc. Every single one of those fights he took high volume of punches.

MacGregor has made a legendary career out of putting dudes who let themselves take damage to sleep. That's what happened in the first fight. The only fighter who eats punches as a game plan that beat him was Diaz, and he clearly wasn't conditioned for that fight he lost. I'm aware that Poirier has evolved a ton since that first round KO loss, but so has Conor. If Conor trains seriously, I would not bet against him.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

This weekend's free UFC on ABC card is pretty weak except the main event. Holloway - Kattar should be an excellent fight.

I'm going Holloway unanimous decision.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Is this fight really live on abc?