TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by thrill »

Gypsy Lou wrote:
December 18 20, 7:00 am
Luuuuke!!!!!!! is back. Finally got to see him at the height of his Jedi powers, so great to see after the disappointing way Rian Johnson portrayed Luke in the sequel trilogy.
Wish I hadn't seen this but that's on me. I'm the one who edited the spoiler warning into the title of this thread, after all.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

classic thrill

but same

Gypsy Lou
Everyday Player

Post by Gypsy Lou »

thrill wrote:
December 18 20, 9:42 am
Gypsy Lou wrote:
Luuuuke!!!!!!! is back. Finally got to see him at the height of his Jedi powers, so great to see after the disappointing way Rian Johnson portrayed Luke in the sequel trilogy.
Wish I hadn't seen this but that's on me. I'm the one who edited the spoiler warning into the title of this thread, after all.
Apologies, I got excited, but yes it does say it can get spoilery up in here.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Spoiled me too yesterday morning. I think it’s best to at least wait until the night of. I’m just glad I’m mostly agnostic on spoilers. Also a little sad Vidor isn’t here to call us all big babies.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Gypsy Lou wrote:
Totally agree. The remote fighting Luke felt wasteful. I enjoyed this series a lot (I hope season 3 has lots more great standalone stuff like Tremors meets Raylan). But I feel like that great goodbye scene would have popped harder if they didn't have Mando's mask off in the Bill Burr episode.

Happy Katie Holme's Day, everyone. If you haven't seen that yet, it's a perfect Christmas episode.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i agree w/r/t Luke. fun to see *that* Luke skywalker, the after RoTJ one. when he crushed the last dark trooper with his fist, that was pretty awesome. I was thinking about it after the episode...it's almost as if the original 3 movies are "my" timeline. that's the Luke I want. even though parts 1-3 and 7-9 are technically a part of the story, they feel like different timelines, not ones that *i* recognize, etc. so it was a lot of fun to see this Luke return, etc.

its weird, i can applaud them for how well the de-aging looks and all that but at the same time, uncanny valley still exists.

i'm curious if "the book of boba fett" is gonna be a new series or if The Mandolorian will start to switch over to boba fett stories for a few seasons...as if "the mandolorian" is a book with chapters about many of the mando's out there...so like, we've kinda finished din djarin's couple chapters in the "mando book" and now it's time for boba fetts stories.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Everyone did watch the after credits scene yes?

And That season finale was pretty sweet.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:
December 20 20, 8:58 am
i agree w/r/t Luke. fun to see *that* Luke skywalker, the after RoTJ one. when he crushed the last dark trooper with his fist, that was pretty awesome. I was thinking about it after the episode...it's almost as if the original 3 movies are "my" timeline. that's the Luke I want. even though parts 1-3 and 7-9 are technically a part of the story, they feel like different timelines, not ones that *i* recognize, etc. so it was a lot of fun to see this Luke return, etc.

its weird, i can applaud them for how well the de-aging looks and all that but at the same time, uncanny valley still exists.

i'm curious if "the book of boba fett" is gonna be a new series or if The Mandolorian will start to switch over to boba fett stories for a few seasons...as if "the mandolorian" is a book with chapters about many of the mando's out there...so like, we've kinda finished din djarin's couple chapters in the "mando book" and now it's time for boba fetts stories.
Word on the street is that the Book of Boba will be a miniseries.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I ultimately don't give a [expletive], but they should reset post-Return of the Jedi to begin with the beginning of Mando season 1, and then re-do another trilogy based on the Luke we just say at the end of the S2 finale. Obviously disney won't de-canonize the Abrams trilogy, ever, but they totally should. The Disney+ team has built a way more interesting and compelling universe by essentially building off of the lore from that Clone Wars cartoon I was too old to ever get into.