Christmas Music

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Christmas Music

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I know there was a thread on here a while back, and I made a Youtube playlist out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7SaIS_duBr

I also added some of my own left-field favourites, including a lot of different versions of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", which I appear to really like.

But, share your own favourites! Please don't put mine on when your Grandma is in the room (unless she's a very cool grandma)!

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Christmas Music

Post by GeddyWrox »

To add to the list of GRYMG versions:

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Ooh, the Velvet Bulldozer. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Is there a Holiday version of WAP yet?

I can see how people hate Christmas music if all they hear is the same six songs that play at the mall and on the local Christmas radio station. Or Last Christmas--that song is an abomination. But really, people that hate Christmas music just aren't trying hard enough.

Day after Thanksgiving I get back to the work of tending my XMas playlist. I love the work.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Don't forget this gem.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Mortimer - How could you overlook "The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen" by Bob Rivers?

Bottenfield - I have that Bela Fleck album. Bought it at the band's concert last year, then had everyone but Bela sign it afterward. (Bela bailed out of the meet & greet fairly quickly. The other guys were really cool and we enjoyed talking with them.)

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I'm trying to tweak and add to it at all times, so I'll check out these gems and add them to the playlist.
mikechamp wrote:
December 8 20, 7:47 pm
Mortimer - How could you overlook "The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen" by Bob Rivers?
Okay, this rules.

My friend has made 12 different Christmas playlists on Spotify, and even though I never use it (too many ads) it's a heck of a resource. Here's the metal themed one.

Metal Christmas

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I looked through that Metal Christmas list. Thanks for sharing. Couple things stood out to me:

1. I still get a kick out of deceased actor Christopher Lee ("Saruman") being a metal musician.

2. I have that Type O Negative album. Good stuff. Peter Steele was a bit... odd, but had a great voice.

3. I don't know if it would be considered metal enough, but "Merry Axemas" is a pretty good album. (I got it for Christmas last year, though it is an older album.) If your friend doesn't know about it/have it, might want to let him know so he can give it a listen via YouTube or somewhere else.

4. Dream Theater did a version of O Holy Night, but I didn't think it was all that good. It (deservedly) did not make his list.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Thx for putting the YouTube playlist together, Mort! And the Spotify one, too. BTW, after years of suffering with ads, once CDs became obsolete, I finally went premium. Well worth it, IMHO.

I heard these 2 on the radio while out running errands this morning.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I am LOVING that Keb Mo song!!!

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

"Santa Dog's a Jesus Fetus"