Let's Talk about sweet cars

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars

Post by IMADreamer »

I will full admit I'm an idiot, but I've been watching the market on CTS-Vs and with the pandemic the price of them has gone up a decent bit. Enough I am pretty sure I can make a tidy profit on mine, or at least break even. Which brings me to my next conquest. The Audi RS5 Sportback. Let the hunt begin.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

sick

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

The Audi RS line are some of my favorite cars out there.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

That Audi is sick.

I bought an el cheapo 2013 CTS V6 in December. It still has 318 HP and handles well. It's black on black and looks cool.

It's a fun thing to have in the garage until I'm bored with it. I should be able to make a couple of grand on it if I decide to sell.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
February 3 21, 9:53 am
That Audi is sick.

I bought an el cheapo 2013 CTS V6 in December. It still has 318 HP and handles well. It's black on black and looks cool.

It's a fun thing to have in the garage until I'm bored with it. I should be able to make a couple of grand on it if I decide to sell.
I love the CTS, I think it's a really underrated car even in the base forms. The V just seems to keep going up for now on the use market for now. While I love the car and it does everything I want it to it seems like a good time move it. Plus while it's a great mix of luxury and speed, I've modified mine and as a result it's a little less luxury and a lot more speed. We are planning on hitting the road for a couple weeks in June to do some National Park touring and it would be nice to have an ultra comfy continent destroyer to do that in.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Somewhat looking for a new car for the other half. She drives a giant SUV that has had some issues lately and the miles are getting up there on a big engine and gas mileage sucks etc. It's time although she won't admit it. Not excited about the practical choice of a Honda Odyssey or whatever and I don't really blame her but she perked up when I showed her a picture of a pearl white CTS wagon.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

haltz wrote:
February 3 21, 8:24 pm
Somewhat looking for a new car for the other half. She drives a giant SUV that has had some issues lately and the miles are getting up there on a big engine and gas mileage sucks etc. It's time although she won't admit it. Not excited about the practical choice of a Honda Odyssey or whatever and I don't really blame her but she perked up when I showed her a picture of a pearl white CTS wagon.
CTS Wagons are very cool and Cadillacs pearl white is a great color.

On those same lines I just read an article that the manual transmission version of the new Cadillac Blackwing sold out in three minutes.

The CTS wagon generally holds more value than it's coupe and sedan counter parts. Especially the V wagon. Which makes me wonder why they heck they don't make more of them?

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

If my current car breaks down I'll likely get something like a Subaru Crosstrek or a Mazda CX-30. They seem to be really good practical small all-weather city SUVs.

However, if I ever decide to get a mid-life crisis car I'm likely going with a hot hatch. For whatever reason I've always loved them. The 2022 Golf R would be on the short list:

So fun and tossable.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Never thought I'd voluntarily admit to driving such an old person's car and I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say it qualifies as sweet but I love our 2019 hybrid Camry. It was only about $5000 more than the comparable Prius, which we test drove for a block and turned around after having driven the Camry. Gets about 45 to 50 miles to the gallon on the highway and around 55 to 60 in town. But the key to this being a fun drive is that it's one of the most responsive cars I've ever driven. I haven't had race cars in the past but I've had a Camaro and a Fiat Spider and this car is much more fun to accelerate than either of those. I've heard the negative arguments about hybrids but I'm not out to save the planet driving this thing but It's nice to go 500 miles on $25 of gas and the battery apparently plays a major role in the car's acceleration. Image
Last edited by Richie Allen on March 6 21, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

In high school, several of us worked as bellboys at the Ozark Plaza Motel in Sunset Hills. It was at the corner of Watson and Lindbergh. $.75/hr plus tips, but with a huge fringe benefit. The desk clerks & night auditors couldn’t leave their posts, so we had to make food runs. We always checked the schedule and made sure someone dropped us off when either Barry or Joe were manning the desk so we would have to take their cars to McDonalds, Burger Chef or Chuck-a-Burger. That’s pretty much my sweet car history.

Barry drove a ‘67 Mustang Shelby.
Joe had a ‘63 Corvette.