Got your shot?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Have you started and/or completed your COVID vaccination series yet?

Yes--Pfizer
58%
Yes--Moderna
23%
Yes--Johnson & Johnson
6%
No but soon
2%
No and I won't
12%
Leroy
No votes

Total votes: 52

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Got your shot?

Post by CardsofSTL »

Just curious how many people have been vaccinated and also which vaccination you may have gotten; interested to see if any one of the vaccines is more prevalent. Feel free to comment about any side effects you may have had; or if you did not have any. Might be useful for those that are still planning to get their vaccinations.

Enabled the option to change your vote; so if you have not yet gotten scheduled you can change your vote later.

Tags:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Got your shot?

Post by CardsofSTL »

I had the Pfizer shot pretty early on. The only side effect that I noticed was a slight headache that was easily managed with ibuprofen; lasted about a half day.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I got my first Pfizer shot in early February. Couldn't move my arm for about 4 days and I was extremely sick for those 4 days. I also lost smell and taste for a couple of weeks after my first shot.

Second shot, nothing really...

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 29 21, 12:45 pm
I had the Pfizer shot pretty early on. The only side effect that I noticed was a slight headache that was easily managed with ibuprofen; lasted about a half day.
Ditto, plus some mild arm soreness that lasted maybe 48 hours.

EDIT: First dose only. My second dose is coming up in a couple weeks.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
March 29 21, 12:57 pm
I got my first Pfizer shot in early February. Couldn't move my arm for about 4 days and I was extremely sick for those 4 days. I also lost smell and taste for a couple of weeks after my first shot.

Second shot, nothing really...
Wait...are you sure you didn't get covid?

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download (doesn't mention loss of taste/smell as a side effect)

Vanderbilt specifically says you won't lose taste/smell and if you do should be evaluated.

https://victr.vumc.org/community-faq/
COVID-19 vaccinations will protect you from getting COVID-19. You may have some side effects, which are normal signs that your body is building protection. These side effects may affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days. You may experience pain and soreness on the arm that you received the vaccines. You may also experience chills, fever, tiredness, and headache. The vaccine will not cause cough, stuffy nose, or loss of taste or smell. If you have these symptoms, you should be evaluated by your health care provider for possible COVID-19 infection.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I didn't have COVID. Another person I know lost smell as well but it was after their second shot.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I've had the first pfizer shot, it caused what I would consider pretty severe hypoglycemia for a day or two*, some general fatigue, and a little bit of arm soreness though I played some long toss with kids and threw a couple hundred pitches for them which of course can cause the same thing.

*Managing blood sugar is always a balancing act. I consider myself pretty decent at it. Viruses have odd effects and either cause it to spike or plummet. It's a pretty good early warning detector that something is amiss even before I get symptoms. That said, I was somewhat expecting there to be some ups or downs, but even then, it caused such severe downward pressure on my blood sugar that I went ahead and reported it to the CDC. I was playing baseball with these kids and went through about 150g of sugar (about 3 32oz bottles of gatorade) and multiple times felt like I was about to pass out. Normally, I'd go through about half a bottle. Not much freaks me out when it comes to blood sugar management because, well, I've experienced a lot over the course of 20 someodd years. But, I was legit scared there for a bit. Had I not been through similar situations, I probably would have called 911.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Got my second Pfizer shot last Thursday. Headache, really tired, and some body aches that were manageable with tylenol. I slept most of the day Friday. Glad I've got that behind me.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

1st Pfizer shot tomorrow at 2:30 PM. Can't wait.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Pfizer #1 last Saturday. Other than a sore arm yesterday, no side effects.