PSA: MLB the Show 21 Coming Xbox & Game Pass Day 1 (Apr 20)

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Michael
GRB Founder

PSA: MLB the Show 21 Coming Xbox & Game Pass Day 1 (Apr 20)

Post by Michael »

This thread is kind of an "ad" like the yearly T-Mobile MLB TV thread, but I think this is still worth noting. MLB The Show is coming to Xbox for the first time this year (it used to be a PlayStation exclusive). The BIG news is it's also coming to Xbox's Netflix-like service, Game Pass day 1 on April 20th. So if you subscribed to Game Pass you get this normally priced $60/70 game at launch for "free".
We’re delighted to announce that MLB The Show 21 is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one and will be available on April 20 for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, as well as on Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) for Ultimate members. Both MLB The Show 21 Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S Standard Editions will be included with Xbox Game Pass so members will be able to play the best version of the game regardless of which console they’re on. And with cross-platform play and progress, you can play against others online, and earn and use content across the platform and generation you choose.

go birds
-go birds

Re: PSA: MLB the Show 21 Coming Xbox & Game Pass Day 1 (Apr 20)

Post by go birds »

one of the drawbacks of being a nintendo switch guy

cardzilla
AA Minor League Player

Post by cardzilla »

while this is great news in general, i have a personal conundrum about it.

i use microsoft rewards a good bit, so i used $15 that was set to expire early march + a $25 gift card that was gifted to me + getting $20 new microsoft rewards money to pre order the game.

now its coming to game pass free of charge (been a member for awhile). i'm gonna have to research options now on what to do. never pre ordered a game before

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Who wouldn't want to play baseball in MLB's Field of Dreams ballpark?

Hitting home runs into giant cornstalks, fielding grounders on the pristine grass, memories of the 1989 film classic swirling in that warm Midwestern breeze.

Well, if you're not on the White Sox or Yankees, you probably can't play in the stadium MLB built next to the famous field from the film. BUT, if you own MLB The Show 21, you can play in it virtually. As any team. With any player.

Beginning today, the game has added the field as a free content update for all players on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

And don't worry, other elements of the movie made their way into the video game version.

"You can see the farmhouse," Robles said. "You know, we couldn't do the farmhouse exactly the way it is, but we did that style of house and that's out there. There's a smaller field that's out in the background that we did."

"Yeah, during presentations and replays, and if you go to your replay camera, even experientially during the game, you'll be able to see the house and that smaller field," Jason said.

There will also, of course, be cornfields visible beyond the outfield fences.

Along with being able to unlock the "Field of Dreams" ballpark, users will be able to unlock the game's uniforms -- which were announced last Thursday.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

F console exclusivity bs

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:
August 9 21, 2:23 pm
F console exclusivity bs
Join the winning side.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Jocephus wrote:
August 9 21, 2:23 pm
F console exclusivity bs
I'm not worried. In The Show you can't play as Wario, Shy Guy, or Dry Bones. I'll wait for a Switch baseball game.

Man imagine if we could put Princess Peach between Waino and Kim in the rotation. And Koopa Troopa leading off? The Cardinals would be leading the division by 110 games.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

You Nintendo plebs(this is also me, btw. But I own a PS4 as well) can always get RBI Baseball 2021 hehe. Or Super Mega Baseball is you dont want actual players.

Now, I watched the Live stream of SDS pimping this new addition to the game, and the way they made it sound was the Field of Dreams was accessible only through the new Live Event. Which is H2H multiplayer games that have restrictions on everything from building a team from your card collection, to using only RH/LH hitters/pitchers, to using only players from certain eras, to game shortened to 3 inning affairs, etc. I did not get the impression that the stadium would be free DLC, although the throwback uniforms were. I'll know more when I check it out later tonight. If ya'll like, add me over on the PS Network; Kraken_Nuts.

danh35
All-Star

Post by danh35 »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
August 9 21, 2:50 pm
You Nintendo plebs(this is also me, btw. But I own a PS4 as well) can always get RBI Baseball 2021 hehe. Or Super Mega Baseball is you dont want actual players.

Now, I watched the Live stream of SDS pimping this new addition to the game, and the way they made it sound was the Field of Dreams was accessible only through the new Live Event. Which is H2H multiplayer games that have restrictions on everything from building a team from your card collection, to using only RH/LH hitters/pitchers, to using only players from certain eras, to game shortened to 3 inning affairs, etc. I did not get the impression that the stadium would be free DLC, although the throwback uniforms were. I'll know more when I check it out later tonight. If ya'll like, add me over on the PS Network; Kraken_Nuts.
The first reward in the program is the stadium, so at the very least, it will be available in the rest of Diamond Dynasty. I don’t play anything other than DD, are the classic stadiums available outside or DD? If they are, I’d assume the Field of Dreams will be too.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

danh35 wrote:
August 9 21, 2:57 pm
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
August 9 21, 2:50 pm

The first reward in the program is the stadium, so at the very least, it will be available in the rest of Diamond Dynasty. I don’t play anything other than DD, are the classic stadiums available outside or DD? If they are, I’d assume the Field of Dreams will be too.
i dont think so. i only play road to the show and whenever i get stadium cards they always say "DD only" etc. i probably sell 95% of all the cards i get. that said, i had an epic weekend. i got jacob degrom and ronald acuna jr from packs...sold those suckers for like 90k and 110k....which bought me more packs hah.