CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 4/5 GDT: Cardinals(Ponce de Leon)@Marlins(Rogers)5:40PMCT

Post by CardsofSTL »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

No history on the books against Rogers but I am sure the Cardinals must have faced him some this Spring.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

After the fracas with Nick Castellanos on Saturday, Yadier Molina received a Bronx cheer every time he stepped up to the plate on Sunday. His play alone could have merited such groans. Molina left the 12-1 loss with a .312 batting average and 65 RBIs at Great American Ball Park along with 16 homers across 113 games played, thanks in part to plating Tyler O'Neill in the fifth inning for the Cardinals' only run of the day. Those numbers are easily Molina's best at any rival National League Central ballpark over his 18-year career.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Will Ponce be the first Cardinals starter to not give up 4+ runs? Find out on the next Dragon Ball Z

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The Miami Marlins are 1-2 at home this season and the St. Louis Cardinals are 1-2 on the road this season. This is a close match-up with both teams having a 45 to 55 percent chance of winning based on 10,000 game simulations generated one play at a time by the AccuScore Simulation Supercomputer. Marlins\' starter Trevor Rogers is forecasted to have a better game than Cardinals\' starter Daniel Poncedeleon. Trevor Rogers has a 23% chance of having a Quality Start (QS) while Daniel Poncedeleon has a 16% chance of a QS. If Trevor Rogers has a quality start the Marlins has a 76% chance of winning. His simulated strikeout to walk ratio is 6.4 and he has a 48% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio. When he has a 5/1 ratio the Marlins win 54%. In Daniel Poncedeleon quality starts the Cardinals win 68%. He has a 33% chance of having a 5 to 1 K/BB ratio and if he does his team wins 68% of simulations. In simulations we tracked the batter for each team that was most productive based his average hits, walks and RBI per simulation. The most productive batter for the Miami Marlins is Trevor Rogers who averaged 3.03 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 63% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Marlins have a 65% chance of winning. The most productive batter for the St. Louis Cardinals is Nolan Arenado who averaged 2.87 hits+walks+RBI. He has a 52% chance of having a big game with 3+ Hits, Walks, RBI and if he has a big game the Cardinals have a 61% chance of winning.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

16% of the time the Cardinals have a 68% chance of winning. I am going to hold you to that, A.S.S.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

A 33% chance of a 5/1 K/BB ratio seems pretty high for a guy with the walk troubles he has had over his career. I'd be interested in how they forecasted that.

Hope for better play today after an entirely uninspiring effort against Cincinnati. I'm starting Rogers in my fantasy league so at least he might get me some points if the Cardinals continue playing as they have.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

My A.S.S. predicts a low scoring game with 20 total stsrikeouts. Oh and we win 3-2.