Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Random musings

Post by tlombard »

Modern Bluetooth Mice are insanely efficient with batteries. I sat down at my computer this evening to find that my mouse was not only laying under the table but still turned on from a few days ago when I last used my laptop. This isn't the first time this has happened (I was not sober the other day, have to admit that) but I'm still on the same pair of AA batteries that I put in the mouse back on July 1 when I bought the current setup. I've probably left the mouse without turning it off for more than a couple of days at least half a dozen times and the batteries still keep on going.

*** I feel like I need to clarify, I was only drunk two of the times I passed out at my computer and left the mouse turned on. I just have a habit of dozing off at the screen while playing games and then going to bed without checking to make sure stuff is turned off. Heck, sometimes I don't even bother to find my glasses until the next morning (they are always under the table as well).

I have issues.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

One of my subordinates informed me today after I made a decision that I was the boss; so I got that going for me.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 3 21, 3:28 pm
One of my subordinates informed me today after I made a decision that I was the boss; so I got that going for me.
NSFW:

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I remain unimpressed with time changes.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Between the stimulus check I'm supposed to get Wednesday and my first real check from working now that furniture is starting to flow... I can't wait for Wednesday and Thursday. I've been working my butt off for the past few months for minimum wage and it's finally starting to pay off. Even without the stimulus I'm finally going to make good money again. It has taken five months but I'm finally starting to see the commissions on my sales for the past six months coming in and we have new stuff coming into the store this week for me to sell. I might not be broke anymore since my reserves ran out in January! Getting laid off last June sucked. If anybody needs mattresses (especially) or furniture... let me know.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

That's awesome man. Nice to hear some good news out there!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Soft tortilla shell tacos are better than hard shell tacos. Fight me.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

You have to love ESPN morning shows. Even though the NFL is months away, they can manage to pump worthless stories on potential Russel
Wilson trade ideas and is Deshawn Watson now less tradeable over other meaningless sports like the new baseball season, the NBA and March Madness.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I just have to brag on my wife. Her second act of life is getting really interesting. We live in the deer hunting capital of the world and thus there are a lot hunting companies that do various things here. One of the big hunting media companies have approached her about doing a regular small segment on one of their TV shows. She would be doing archery related topics. It's really cool and she's very excited.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

IMADreamer wrote:
March 30 21, 9:50 am
I just have to brag on my wife. Her second act of life is getting really interesting. We live in the deer hunting capital of the world and thus there are a lot hunting companies that do various things here. One of the big hunting media companies have approached her about doing a regular small segment on one of their TV shows. She would be doing archery related topics. It's really cool and she's very excited.
Very cool. You'll have to post one of her clips. I didn't realize there were hunting media companies. The more you know...