Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
May 3 21, 3:13 pm
Was not expecting the Sarah Silverman circa 1996 two-episode supporting role on Voyager! Kind of reminds you how long a lot of these actors spend in Hollywood before they break through and become household names.
That's a fun little arc.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 3 21, 4:13 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
May 3 21, 3:13 pm
Was not expecting the Sarah Silverman circa 1996 two-episode supporting role on Voyager! Kind of reminds you how long a lot of these actors spend in Hollywood before they break through and become household names.
That's a fun little arc.
Tom Paris's dream girl! Oh well, he's still got Harry.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

There was consideration of adding Sarah Silverman as a permanent member with a follow-up to the Future's End arc but they got Jeri Ryan instead.

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

Ever notice in Trek how often the holodecks cause major problems? Crew routinely get trapped in there and have to fight for their lives against rogue computer sub routines. Holodeck characters escape and take over the ship, etc. Seems like a pretty risky feature to have on your starship and/or station. I guess the risk must be worth it to prevent Starfleet personnel from going insane living in the void of space for years on end.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
May 4 21, 8:46 am
Ever notice in Trek how often the holodecks cause major problems? Crew routinely get trapped in there and have to fight for their lives against rogue computer sub routines. Holodeck characters escape and take over the ship, etc. Seems like a pretty risky feature to have on your starship and/or station. I guess the risk must be worth it to prevent Starfleet personnel from going insane living in the void of space for years on end.
Also you never know when you will need a holographic tommy gun to repel a Borg invasion.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 4 21, 10:27 am
G. Keenan wrote:
Also you never know when you will need a holographic tommy gun to repel a Borg invasion.
It's a cost-benefit thing. Yes it nearly kills entire crews and starships, but at the same time, it's the ultimate self-pleasure platform.

It's a no-brainer. You gotta keep the holodecks. Nobody wants to go on multi-year missions without being able to bang holograms.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

thrill wrote:
May 4 21, 11:36 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
It's a cost-benefit thing. Yes it nearly kills entire crews and starships, but at the same time, it's the ultimate self-pleasure platform.

It's a no-brainer. You gotta keep the holodecks. Nobody wants to go on multi-year missions without being able to bang holograms.
True but those embarrassing visits to sick bay when you turn off the safety protocols and end up needing a penicillin shot! :oops:

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 4 21, 12:26 pm
thrill wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

True but those embarrassing visits to sick bay when you turn off the safety protocols and end up needing a penicillin shot! :oops:
Is it just me, or does Voyager embrace the banging of holograms more that TNG and DS9? I feel like the whole crew is partaking in the pleasures of Neelix's resort program. Even the doctor was smooching some holodeck hotties in the episode where Harry is in love with one of the characters, who turns out to be an alien living inside a nebula who becomes obsessed with Tuvok.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
May 4 21, 1:21 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
thrill wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Is it just me, or does Voyager embrace the banging of holograms more that TNG and DS9? I feel like the whole crew is partaking in the pleasures of Neelix's resort program. Even the doctor was smooching some holodeck hotties in the episode where Harry is in love with one of the characters, who turns out to be an alien living inside a nebula who becomes obsessed with Tuvok.
DS9 though...Quark was a borderline pimp with his holosuites.

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

CardsofSTL wrote:
May 4 21, 1:25 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
May 4 21, 1:21 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
thrill wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

DS9 though...Quark was a borderline pimp with his holosuites.
Haha, very true. Poor Rahm must have had a lot of gross cleanup duty.