Wanna work for the Rockies?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Re: Wanna work for the Rockies?

Post by redbirdjazzz »

NDark wrote:
October 7 21, 3:01 pm
Then those individuals shouldn't apply and it would force the Rockies to pay more to get the talent they need/want for the position.
Why do you excuse bad behavior from the wealthy? It shouldn't be contingent upon others to convince them to not be [expletive] people; they should want to do it for themselves, and, if they won't, be forced.

Tags:

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I played second base for Colorado for a while in '07. I don't recommend the organization. I wanted to wear Aloha shirts on Fridays, you know--Casual Fridays? They said I had to wear the standard uniform.

There was this other time I had Taco Bell before work, which is to say I had diarrhea--and they all got mad when I had to take a break at what they say was the 'wrong time'. I'm a human, you know.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

redbirdjazzz wrote:
October 7 21, 2:59 pm
NDark wrote:
October 7 21, 2:10 pm
Superorganism wrote:
October 7 21, 1:31 pm
redbirdjazzz wrote:
October 7 21, 1:29 pm
Superorganism wrote:
October 7 21, 1:26 pm
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
October 7 21, 1:13 pm
What's with the [expletive] pay?

I mean, they can't afford to pay an analyst $80k?
You get the "privilege" of working in pro sports for a money-grubbing, [expletive] billionaire who could pay 100X more without harming himself in the slightest.
Fixed.
Pretty much. And yet, they’ll get thousands of applicants ready to work for pennies.
Yep, so why pay more? Seems like simple math to me.

And actually the job posting says pay range is $75k-$85k.
Because every employee of every company needs to get paid a living wage that's at least commensurate with what is asked of them in the performance of their duties, and if a billionaire tells you he can't afford that, he's lying.
Easy solution. Don't do it.

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

redbirdjazzz wrote:
October 8 21, 9:17 am
NDark wrote:
October 7 21, 3:01 pm
Then those individuals shouldn't apply and it would force the Rockies to pay more to get the talent they need/want for the position.
Why do you excuse bad behavior from the wealthy? It shouldn't be contingent upon others to convince them to not be [expletive] people; they should want to do it for themselves, and, if they won't, be forced.
I'm not excusing it but I also don't think this is bad behavior either. If you can get someone to do something for cheaper why wouldn't you? I do it every day in multiple decisions I make on where to shop or spend money and I would imagine most do if you think about it. This is basic economics. Many may dismiss it but working for a professional team is a huge perk that many would gladly take less money to do. I wouldn't personally but many would.

The people that would be qualified for this position are obviously smart people based on the minimum qualifications. I would suspect they know what they are doing.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Couldn't I just get a stamp made that read "Trade ------------------ to Cardinals and pay them $35 million" and leave space to write in the name of the player?

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
October 8 21, 9:54 am
I played second base for Colorado for a while in '07. I don't recommend the organization. I wanted to wear Aloha shirts on Fridays, you know--Casual Fridays? They said I had to wear the standard uniform.

There was this other time I had Taco Bell before work, which is to say I had diarrhea--and they all got mad when I had to take a break at what they say was the 'wrong time'. I'm a human, you know.
For Secret Santa I got Matt Holliday an autographed LaTroy Hawkins baseball, and he couldn't have been less grateful.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Socnorb11 wrote:
October 8 21, 5:20 pm

Not so easy when jobs are scarce and you're at the mercy of They With The Jobs and they get to set the salaries.

Oh my god UBI needs to be in the his country like yesterday.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

October 11 21, 12:51 pm
October 8 21, 9:54 am

For Secret Santa I got Matt Holliday an autographed LaTroy Hawkins baseball, and he couldn't have been less grateful.
Crackin me up!!

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
October 11 21, 1:01 pm
Socnorb11 wrote:
October 8 21, 5:20 pm

Not so easy when jobs are scarce and you're at the mercy of They With The Jobs and they get to set the salaries.

C'mon. Really? You think there's any baseball analyst in America who took the job "because jobs are scarce"? People like us would love to have those jobs. Supply/demand works highly in favor of the baseball club here.