movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: movies

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

It’s a parody of biographical movies. It’s exactly Weird Al.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Daniel Radcliffe is awesome.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Biopics are inherently meh, with rare exceptions, so any attempt at something new or different is welcome to me. Not that I’m necessarily planning to watch this one.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

G. Keenan wrote:
August 31 22, 2:25 pm
Daniel Radcliffe is awesome.
I hope the movie has Harry Potter playing Weird Al parodying Harry Potter...

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Not having much energy, I decided to watch "The King's Man". It is a prequel to other Kingsman movies. It stars Ralph Fiennes and... others. Stanley Tucci has a small role, and someone who reminds me of Yakov Smirnov on stilts plays a bad guy.

It was... ok, but not good enough to make me want to watch the other movies in the franchise.

BrntOrngStud
Veteran Player

Post by BrntOrngStud »

To lawyers of GRB that have seen The Fugitive,

What would happen to Richard Kimble after Gerard arrested him? To recap, a prominent vascular surgeon was arrested for killing his wife. There was no forced entry and the 911 call said "Richard, HE'S trying to call me". Coupled with the life insurance payout, he was sentenced to death. Other inmates planned a jail break on the bus transporting them to another facility. Among the crimes he committed after fleeing were: stealing an ambulance, practicing medicine without a license and ID theft in an attempt to find the real killer.

What would happen in real life if that happened? My assumption would be that since DA's are political creatures and would have to succumb to public pressure, they would not charge Kimble since it would be political suicide. My guess is that the DA and the PD would want the case to go away as fast as possible. So the conviction would likely be vacated. And for the charges after he fled, the DA would cut a deal (guilty plea for time served?)

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I watched "No Time to Die" last night.

Was there a discussion of this movie yet? If not, WTF?!?!??

[SHOW]
How do you kill off James Bond? And yeah, I know it says "James Bond will return" at the end of the credits like it always does. But come on! He's a goner!

I guess they'll go back in chronology and tell other Bond stories. Kind of like we're living in Mathilde's bedroom, listening along with her as Madeleine tells her stories. But seriously, what the hell? Couldn't they have come up with an another ending where he somehow makes it off the island?

Serious question: Were there James Bond books, and if so, is this how it ended for him in those?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

mikechamp wrote:
September 5 22, 10:48 pm
Not having much energy, I decided to watch "The King's Man". It is a prequel to other Kingsman movies. It stars Ralph Fiennes and... others. Stanley Tucci has a small role, and someone who reminds me of Yakov Smirnov on stilts plays a bad guy.

It was... ok, but not good enough to make me want to watch the other movies in the franchise.
The first Kingsmen movie is fun as hell. The King's Man was...a movie.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Barbarian is bad. My in depth analysis is

Do not see.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Wanted to post about a handful of movies I've seen over the past week:

Pain & Gain - This is a true story about a group of 3 FL bodybuilders who kidnapped, tortured and scammed a wealthy guy out of all his possessions, while alienating his family and friends. It's not as morbid as it sounds, as the bodybuilders (played by Mark Walhberg, The Rock and Anthony Mackie) bungle their way through the entire ordeal. The wealthy guy is played by Tony Shaloub and Ed Harris plays a P.I.

I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I got sucked into it and did not regret it. Mild recommendation.

The Election - Stars Matthew Broderick and a very young Reese Witherspoon and Chris Klein. Based in Omaha, it's a dark comedy about human failings rooted in jealousy. It was... ok, but that's because Reese is always awesome in my book.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - This stars The Rock, Bruce Willis, Adrienne Pawlicki and some other people I don't remember. It's hokey, even for a popcorn summer-type movie. I do not recommend.