Rant - Cars

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Re: Rant - Cars

Post by G. Keenan »

If it's a question of like $2 - $3k to keep it going another few years vs like 30K or whatever for a new car, why not just keep it?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Yeah. She wants to spend money on cars. Not me. Lol

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
February 28 23, 11:02 pm
So, I guess I have to get a new car. Here's the issue I always run into. I don't want to take money out of an investment account or savings. I don't want to take out a loan. Meaning I'm just spending whatever cushion I have in the bank. It's not nothing, but it's not going to get me a new truck. And, every single time I look at cars, I realize how much I don't like any of them anyway. Full size trucks don't fit in my garage and they aren't reliable in my price range. Mid size trucks seem like the worst of all worlds. SUVs seem even worse. And, as cool as they are, I have no interest in muscle cars. Blowing 4 months salary or whatever in cash on a honda or subaru just depresses the hell out of me.
Buy a used Dodge grand caravan or whatever the ones are that have the stow and go seating. They're cheap, have good tech, you're a dad with nothing to prove, and you can fold the seats down and haul a ton of [expletive] and not have to rent that truck every once in a while.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

My wife is generally not the impulsive or spendy type but her last car was totalled some months ago and she's basically been riding her bike to work. Well yesterday she bought a Ford Expedition on a whim. Yeah that was a shocker. She bought it from my sister in law and her husband is a mechanic so I know it's been well cared for but I bet my wife hasn't spent 15k total in the years I've known her and yesterday she did it in one big whack.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

Was it really a whim or was it on her mind and she had looked around but everything looked bad but this one satisfied her needs for a (decent) price so she jumped on it? What year/miles is the FE?

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

AdmiralKird wrote:
March 21 23, 2:19 am
Was it really a whim or was it on her mind and she had looked around but everything looked bad but this one satisfied her needs for a (decent) price so she jumped on it? What year/miles is the FE?
Well she's been thinking about what to replace her Civic with but this definitely came out of nowhere to me. It's a 2016 with like 150k on it but it is immaculate. Like impressively so.