Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: Random musings

Post by Leroy »

This is a curious throw away line in an article about killing an ISIS leader:
Al-Sudani was killed in a firefight along with 10 other fighters, according to the officials. There were no U.S. casualties in the raid, the officials said, emphasizing that there were also no civilian casualties -- though officials later clarified that one of the U.S. service members had suffered a dog bite from a dog serving with U.S. forces.

I wish I knew the rest of the story here.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Leroy wrote:
January 27 23, 8:30 am
This is a curious throw away line in an article about killing an ISIS leader:
Al-Sudani was killed in a firefight along with 10 other fighters, according to the officials. There were no U.S. casualties in the raid, the officials said, emphasizing that there were also no civilian casualties -- though officials later clarified that one of the U.S. service members had suffered a dog bite from a dog serving with U.S. forces.

I wish I knew the rest of the story here.
I heard the rest of the story: That U.S. service member was posing as a postal worker, and the dog was simply in on the act to help complete the cover story.

j/k

I have no idea.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I haven't watched much SNL lately but Pedro Pascal hosting last week was pretty awesome.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

The V-shred guy on YouTube. Stfu and let me watch videos about guitars and bad movies.

Does this resonate at all? I see more of that guy than my kids. Are you guys getting served this guy’s ads six times in a ten minute video?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
April 3 23, 3:59 pm
The V-shred guy on YouTube. Stfu and let me watch videos about guitars and bad movies.

Does this resonate at all? I see more of that guy than my kids. Are you guys getting served this guy’s ads six times in a ten minute video?
I only go to YouTube if I absolutely have to. It's practically unwatchable.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
April 3 23, 4:05 pm

He's also completely full of [expletive] and gives terrible lifting and diet advice. He's been debunked by a bunch of actual fitness experts and when they investigated, they found out that he's just a male model that a company that understands the algo hired to push products and he doesn't have any kind of training or education on nutrition or fitness. They blatantly re-record the content that actual experts with less engagement put out, but with their dumb himbo regurgitating their words (badly).

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

thrill wrote:
April 4 23, 7:28 am
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:

He's also completely full of [expletive] and gives terrible lifting and diet advice. He's been debunked by a bunch of actual fitness experts and when they investigated, they found out that he's just a male model that a company that understands the algo hired to push products and he doesn't have any kind of training or education on nutrition or fitness. They blatantly re-record the content that actual experts with less engagement put out, but with their dumb himbo regurgitating their words (badly).
That ad is absolutely everywhere. And so damn annoying.

Regardless, Mrs. AW is training for a competition. Not sure what they're called, it's similar to body building but for women that don't want to bulk up just get cut. She has a trainer. And, the vast vast majority of the regimen is diet. She trains/works out twice a week for 45 minutes with the trainer and that's it. She does stuff on her own, but she was alrady doing that. The rest is diet. White fish, broccoli, and cauliflower. Chicken, broccoli, and cauliflower. And, on weekends a steak with salad, no dressing. Protein shakes. Rice cakes and fancy peanut butter. A bunch of supplements. Barely any processed food. That's her regimen. And, holy [expletive], it works amazingly well if you can stick it...which is tough. Ha.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:

But where do you watch clips of hilarious Turkish Star Wars ripoffs? It’s actually a good place to watch SNL (clips too short for ads-content to commercial ratio is better than watching on tv) and John Oliver when I don’t have HBO subscriptions. And stand up—kids these days are so effing good at stand up, probably because of Netflix and YouTube.

This guy’s algorithm work must be damn good. I understand why I get lots of guitar lesson ads. Don’t know what I’m watching that trips his ads. Neck stretching videos four years ago? Probably specifically demographics.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Attention.

The best chocolate is Dark Chocolate.

You may now go about your business.