2019-2020 NBA

A forum for non-baseball sports
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2019-2020 NBA

Post by JoeMcKim »

I knew when the Nets acquired Harden they had no chance of winning a championship. He's a great player but he's far too selfish of a player to ever win a championship. Kyrie being an idiot that basically didn't play most of the season because he was too afraid to get a vaccination.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

As a Sixers fan, I've gotten to have some pretty good ones as my favorites. Dr. J., Barkley, Iverson. I've also had to deal with mind-numbing frustration since the process started. I tolerate Embiid, I guess is the best way to put it. I thought Simmons was the real deal (my mulligan). I can't stand Harden.

My new favorite is Maxey, though. This kid is fearless, and really just looks like he has fun playing basketball. When he was drafted, I never heard of him, but liked his speed in the games I got to see. He needed to work on his shot, and that's just what he did. I hope he plays for the City of Brotherly Love for a long time.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Leroy wrote:
April 21 23, 11:41 am
As a Sixers fan, I've gotten to have some pretty good ones as my favorites. Dr. J., Barkley, Iverson. I've also had to deal with mind-numbing frustration since the process started. I tolerate Embiid, I guess is the best way to put it. I thought Simmons was the real deal (my mulligan). I can't stand Harden.

My new favorite is Maxey, though. This kid is fearless, and really just looks like he has fun playing basketball. When he was drafted, I never heard of him, but liked his speed in the games I got to see. He needed to work on his shot, and that's just what he did. I hope he plays for the City of Brotherly Love for a long time.
Love Maxey.

Sixers/Nuggets was my pick for the finals. Right now, it feels like Sixers/Suns, but I'm still hopeful that the Nuggs can get it done.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Too soon to know yet, but Denver is in a pretty good place right now. They are the only team left in the West that I can stand.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

The Miami Heat are the St. Louis Cardinals of the NBA, and that's a weird comparison to draw, but very accurate. Always make the playoffs, always a tougher out than their regular season indicates, and never, ever rebuilds. Talk way too much about "culture" but get away with it because they're never truly bad. Every opposing fan hates seeing them every year.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Playing Miami always makes me sick, because the Sixers chose Ben Simmons over Jimmy Butler. Didn't work out so good.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

To watch Dillon Brooks play is to hate him. But usually jackasses like that are appreciated by their own team. Or at least not told directly to [expletive] off. Pretty interesting.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

I think it shows his jackassery isn't for show. It's who he is.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Guys like Patrick Beverly and Draymond are jackasses but their teams love them. Chris Paul somehow has a class reputation, but also sneakier/smarter jackassery.

Memphis also has other issues, so disappointed with Ja because I love his game. Brooks is probably the wrong kind of accentuation. And as you say, must be as a dude who we see on the court.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Brooks' team would probably love him too, if he helped his team win championships. Winning changes cultures.

Sadly, Brooks is neither a great player or a likeable human.
Last edited by Socnorb11 on May 18 23, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.