5/25 GDT: Cardinals(Mikolas) @ Reds(Weaver) 11:35 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Re: 5/25 GDT: Cardinals(Mikolas) @ Reds(Weaver) 11:35 PM CT

Post by dmarx114 »

Stole a win without 3 of our best players.

Good job Miles.

Tags:

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
May 25 23, 12:33 pm
Radbird wrote:
May 25 23, 12:30 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
May 25 23, 12:24 pm
Finally got a look at a box score. Miles throwing 7 scoreless with 5ks and no walks.

And some here are ready to jump off a ledge.

Ok....
You didn’t sit thru the first 7 innings thus lacking the needed perspective.
Also, we all (meaning baseball fans in general) tend to be obnoxiously dramatic about every inning, let alone every game lol.
Yep. I'll come to a game thread, read it and just know we are losing terribly. Check the score and we have the lead.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Mikolas has been a definite bright spot in the rotation in the last few starts.

7 solid innings AGAIN.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Take 3/4 from the top notch Dodgers then barely earn a split with the lowly Reds. Baseball is stupid and I love it.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

dmarx114 wrote:
May 25 23, 1:50 pm

Good job Miles.
We certainly did. The question is why did we decide to do that in a game that truly needed to be a win to avoid giving back the last Dodgers win.

Road splits in four game series are fine. I'm not happy per se, but at least accepting of the split. Need to win the series against Cleveland. They've just left themselves no room for sitting their three best players at the same time in my view.

Though Nolan Gorman is on a long enough heater right now to say he's probably trying to get in that conversation.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

phins wrote:
May 25 23, 9:46 pm
dmarx114 wrote:

Good job Miles.
We certainly did. The question is why did we decide to do that in a game that truly needed to be a win to avoid giving back the last Dodgers win.

Road splits in four game series are fine. I'm not happy per se, but at least accepting of the split. Need to win the series against Cleveland. They've just left themselves no room for sitting their three best players at the same time in my view.

Though Nolan Gorman is on a long enough heater right now to say he's probably trying to get in that conversation.
I suppose there is some value in giving vets a day off on a getaway day during a road trip.

But I don't agree yesterday was a game we truly needed to win. It's only May.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

dmarx114 wrote:
May 26 23, 8:11 am
phins wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:

Good job Miles.

I suppose there is some value in giving vets a day off on a getaway day during a road trip.

Only 3.5 back in the wild card. I agree we should want to do better than shoot for that and our pitching pretty much sucks and its pretty much Mo's fault, but the reality is we are within one hot week of qualifying for the playoffs. And it's only May.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
May 26 23, 8:37 am
dmarx114 wrote:
May 26 23, 8:11 am
phins wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:

Good job Miles.

Only 3.5 back in the wild card. I agree we should want to do better than shoot for that and our pitching pretty much sucks and its pretty much Mo's fault, but the reality is we are within one hot week of qualifying for the playoffs. And it's only May.
We are undervaluing how much 3.5 games and several teams is over the course of a season.

It's not over or anything like that, but it is going to take some work and they need to hit on the marginal gains where they can.