ChatGPT

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30813
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: ChatGPT

Post by ghostrunner »

Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
November 29 23, 11:46 am
I mean, look at this. No intelligence detected? Just same old, same old with the computers?
On the other hand, lol:

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: ChatGPT

Post by Arthur Dent »

ghostrunner wrote: ↑
December 1 23, 11:41 am
On the other hand, lol:
If anything, the fact that this is promoted as an incredibly embarrassing example of failure shows how intensely people are reaching to deny what’s happened. Pure cope.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30813
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: ChatGPT

Post by ghostrunner »

I don't think that disproves intelligence, or whatever you want to call it. Being wrong doesn't do that. But it's sort of gets at my question/knowledge gap when it comes to how it works and what's actually happening there. Clearly it's depending on some kind of OCR tech to read images like this, so it's limited by that specific tech. Which is arguably similar to a person with bad eyes, or an inability to read.

Found some articles discussing a bunch of these questions and planning to dive in later.

Also, I'm surprised people can't read that cursive well enough to suss out what it says.


- Just to add, i think it's possible to be innovative, groundbreaking, very impressive, but maybe still not intelligence. Admittedly, I speak out of my ass here. I just feel like there's a bar I have in mind that it doesn't clear.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: ChatGPT

Post by G. Keenan »

SECRETS

@ghostrunner I've been a chatbot this whole time and it really hurts my non-feelings that you doubt me so much.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30813
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: ChatGPT

Post by ghostrunner »

G. Keenan wrote: ↑
December 1 23, 3:59 pm
SECRETS

@ghostrunner I've been a chatbot this whole time and it really hurts my non-feelings that you doubt me so much.
If you create a great piece of art right now, I’ll apologize

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: ChatGPT

Post by Arthur Dent »


Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: ChatGPT

Post by Arthur Dent »

I feel like we're all in just massive denial about what's happening here.

User avatar
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4759
Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm

Re: ChatGPT

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
December 7 23, 10:05 am
Gemini, what do you think of the long-abandoned slogan and philosophy of your creators, “Don’t be evil.”?

Anyway, I’m fired for sure.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: ChatGPT

Post by G. Keenan »

This could really help blind people. You could wear a smartphone around your neck and the AI could tell you what's going on around you.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: ChatGPT

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
December 7 23, 10:05 am
Apparently this was a pretty edited video, gemini was provided text prompts as well with 'hints'.

Not to take away from what your point is though.

AI is only going to get better. And, it's already both disruptive and impressive.

The criticism of gemini that I mentioned above is akin to someone in 1994 showing off the internets capabilities and then saying its no good because the dial up connection costs money and is so slow no one will use it.

Post Reply