Let's Talk about sweet cars
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12897
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
So I spent 3 days in the hospital this week. My blood pressure was out of control and they couldn't get it down. Finally yesterday it did. It was a crazy couple days. Basically it was so high they were like "you are going to have a stroke anytime now."
Anyway. I'm fine and my wife just gave me a huge lecture about only thinking of others and not enjoying myself. So she set up an appointment for me to look at a Porsche cayman gt4 tomorrow and basically said "if you like it we buy it. Worst case scenario you sell it.
I'm not sure I can pull the trigger on it but we are going to look.
Anyway. I'm fine and my wife just gave me a huge lecture about only thinking of others and not enjoying myself. So she set up an appointment for me to look at a Porsche cayman gt4 tomorrow and basically said "if you like it we buy it. Worst case scenario you sell it.
I'm not sure I can pull the trigger on it but we are going to look.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18730
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
I’ve heard of retail therapy, but that’s taking it to a new level
Glad to hear you’re feeling better.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12897
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
I did not pull the trigger. Incredible car, if I were hitting track days it would be the one. The hunt continues. There was a beautiful audi rs5 there but I still hear the sound of my rs7 eating itself alive. So I don't know.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
Damn, @IMADreamer! Glad they got you under control. Gotta take better care of yourself man!!!
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12897
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11727
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
I am not a gearhead, but I thought I would share this article with those much more knowledgeable about cars:
First hydrogen energy car packs 932-mile range and takes just 5 seconds to refuel
This hydrogen energy car certainly has some impressive numbers behind it, with a 932-mile range and only needing five seconds to refuel.
This is the NamX concept, touted as the first hydrogen energy car. With hydrogen fuel cells powering it, the NamX has a ton of benefits attached to it, from zero carbon footprint to instant refueling.
While hydrogen cars certainly have an air of futurism around them, they’re nothing new as a concept. The concept has been around since the early 1800s, but it wasn’t until the mid-20th century that things started to be set into motion.
Widely cited books like The Hype About Hydrogen by Joseph J. Romm cast doubts over hydrogen cars, negatively comparing them to EVs. It’s widely felt that the reason why hydrogen cars haven’t quite caught on is because the technology behind turning hydrogen into usable fuel is very complicated. And by complicated, we also mean expensive – which obviously makes the cars themselves expensive.
The work of French-Moroccan startup NamX, the NamX HUV comes with interchangeable hydrogen tanks. This is the crux of what sets it apart from other hydrogen cars out there. After all, this isn’t the first hydrogen car – but it’s the first that does away with the need for fixed hydrogen stations.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/electri ... r-AA289E3z
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12897
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
I would like you all to say a little prayer, or send warm thoughts tonight. My nephew is taking his date to homecoming in my Viper. I obviously trust him but you know kids can be dumb.
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12866
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
How did it go?IMADreamer wrote: ↑October 3 26, 8:09 pmI would like you all to say a little prayer, or send warm thoughts tonight. My nephew is taking his date to homecoming in my Viper. I obviously trust him but you know kids can be dumb.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18730
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
I’m curious as well. Giving a teenager access to a Viper, on prom night, takes great courage.Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑October 5 26, 6:56 amHow did it go?IMADreamer wrote: ↑October 3 26, 8:09 pmI would like you all to say a little prayer, or send warm thoughts tonight. My nephew is taking his date to homecoming in my Viper. I obviously trust him but you know kids can be dumb.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12897
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Let's Talk about sweet cars
It went fine. He did say he stalled it a couple times which embarrassed him. lol The clutch on that car is heavy AF so I'm not surprised. He's a great kid, straight A student, helps out on the farm, and I figured if I can trust him with a half million dollar tractor I can probably trust him with a car I paid 50k for. I don't know that there are too many people in general I'd let take the car for the night but he really is an exceptional kid who is pretty OCD with his own vehicle and tool storage so it's safe to say he's not the type of kid to tear things up. He even left it with a full tank of gas.cardinalkarp wrote: ↑October 5 26, 8:50 amI’m curious as well. Giving a teenager access to a Viper, on prom night, takes great courage.Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑October 5 26, 6:56 amHow did it go?IMADreamer wrote: ↑October 3 26, 8:09 pmI would like you all to say a little prayer, or send warm thoughts tonight. My nephew is taking his date to homecoming in my Viper. I obviously trust him but you know kids can be dumb.



