2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

stlmark wrote:Ok, who went out and got a #6 Blues jersey?

It looks like the Blues may trade either Backman or Jackman for another scoring forward. I hope it's Backman. I really like Jackman's game.
NHL is changing the style of their jersies around I believe, when they come out, I'm going to invest in the new jersey and the new Franchise guy...#6 Johnson

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Post by thrill »

cabby7588 wrote:
stlmark wrote:Ok, who went out and got a #6 Blues jersey?

It looks like the Blues may trade either Backman or Jackman for another scoring forward. I hope it's Backman. I really like Jackman's game.
NHL is changing the style of their jersies around I believe, when they come out, I'm going to invest in the new jersey and the new Franchise guy...#6 Johnson
Me also.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

thrill wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:
stlmark wrote:Ok, who went out and got a #6 Blues jersey?

It looks like the Blues may trade either Backman or Jackman for another scoring forward. I hope it's Backman. I really like Jackman's game.
NHL is changing the style of their jersies around I believe, when they come out, I'm going to invest in the new jersey and the new Franchise guy...#6 Johnson
Me also.
You can probably count me too. Although, I really want to get an Oshie jersey. Maybe I'll get both. #-o

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

According to Andy Strickland in his new blog, Metropolit and Nieminen are gone.

Drake will be back.

The Blues won't sign Dvorak for anything more then last years salary. No more then 1 yr/1 million.

EJ will pair with Barrett Jackman.

Jackman's getting married in Hawaii this offseason and Matt Walker is in the wedding party.

More interesting stuff in the blog. It's a good one.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Post by JCShutout »

stlmark wrote:According to Andy Strickland in his new blog, Metropolit and Nieminen are gone.

Yay!

Drake will be back.

meh

The Blues won't sign Dvorak for anything more then last years salary. No more then 1 yr/1 million.

bye bye Dvo.

EJ will pair with Barrett Jackman.

That's a little premature. I'm sure that could easily change if EJ and someone else show chemistry. I'm just glad that it shows that Jax is not in trade plans.

User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

stlmark wrote:
thrill wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:
stlmark wrote:Ok, who went out and got a #6 Blues jersey?

It looks like the Blues may trade either Backman or Jackman for another scoring forward. I hope it's Backman. I really like Jackman's game.
NHL is changing the style of their jersies around I believe, when they come out, I'm going to invest in the new jersey and the new Franchise guy...#6 Johnson
Me also.
You can probably count me too. Although, I really want to get an Oshie jersey. Maybe I'll get both. #-o
:thumbup: That's what I'm going with.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Post by JCShutout »

Its nice to know that the Blues' D finally has a big Johnson.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

JCShutout wrote:Its nice to know that the Blues' D finally has a big Johnson.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses.
Good one JC. :lol: =D>

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

stlmark wrote:According to Andy Strickland in his new blog, Metropolit and Nieminen are gone.

Drake will be back. eh, just another 3rd/4th line winger we don't need

The Blues won't sign Dvorak for anything more then last years salary. No more then 1 yr/1 million.
another 3rd liner we have too many of


EJ will pair with Barrett Jackman.
.I thought McKee would be better but I like him going with Jackman...Shows Barret aint getting traded nowhere.

Jackman's getting married in Hawaii this offseason and Matt Walker is in the wedding party. who would marry Jackman? :lol:

More interesting stuff in the blog. It's a good one

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

After watching the Cards for the 1st 3 and a half weeks makes me appreciate how the Blues played since Andy Murray came into the fold.

Post Reply