Interesting Lab Study

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply

Would you rather a championship followed by years of poor ball, or perennial contention?

Give me the series, it's all about winning, baby
18
32%
I'd rather look forward to games every day all summer every year, I can handle falling a little short at the end
38
68%
 
Total votes: 56

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

Living my whole life as a Cards, Colts, Blues, and Pacers fan...I've learned that as enjoyable as it is day-in and day-out, you play these games for one reason...To win a championship. I'll trade in 162 days of missery for one day of hoisting a trophy. I can see why some people would think differently, but this is the only way I see it.

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Post by fanforever »

I believe the Marlins have the right idea in this age of baseball. Win the World Series, Then get rid of all but 5 of your top notch players and rebuild the rest of the team and replenish your farm system.

The goal is field a competitive team and to win the World Series. Can't ask for anything more

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

That's a tough question. I would have to go for the WS win followed by years of losing.

Magneto
Veteran Player
Posts: 984
Joined: April 20 06, 5:39 pm

Post by Magneto »

Ask Bills fans.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Michael »

Winning the WS has clearly changed some views on here. Was it because it took the pressure off or was winning the title a let down?

User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

I'd rather be in the race every year.

The current post season format is a complete crapshoot. Get into post season often enough and you'll get some World Series trophies.

User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

stlmark wrote:That's a tough question. I would have to go for the WS win followed by years of losing.
Talking to some Royals fans might help you. They've been there on that one.

User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Post by omaha_red »

Michael wrote:Winning the WS has clearly changed some views on here. Was it because it took the pressure off or was winning the title a let down?
i don't get it.. why in the world would winning the title EVER be a let down?
i honestly don't get it..

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Post by jim »

omaha_red wrote:
Michael wrote:Winning the WS has clearly changed some views on here. Was it because it took the pressure off or was winning the title a let down?
i don't get it.. why in the world would winning the title EVER be a let down?
i honestly don't get it..
Just speaking for myself, but winning the title was very enjoyable - for about a week. At that point it was behind me, and another season on the horizon. I don't even think about it, it's a new season and a new set of problems. I felt pretty much the same way 10 days after winning it all as I did 10 days after the season ended in 2005, and 2004, and 2003, and 2002, ...

User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Post by longhornbaseball »

jim wrote:I felt pretty much the same way 10 days after winning it all as I did 10 days after the season ended in 2005, and 2004, and 2003, and 2002, ...
As did I, but that week was probably the best one of my life so far and I have memories from it that I will cherish forever. Can't say that about those other seasons.

Post Reply