Vote Cardinals into the All Star Game

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply
DJ87
Single A Minor League Player
Posts: 14
Joined: August 12 06, 12:01 am
Location: MO

Vote Cardinals into the All Star Game

Post by DJ87 »

Its only April, but you can already start voting in the All Star game. I've already used my 25 votes by voting a straight ballot of all Cardinals. Let's make sure Albert gets the most votes, Scottie starts at 3rd, and Lil Dunc gets the recognition he deserves. Get out the vote for the Cardinals. Vote early and vote often. You get 25 votes per email adress, but you can vote with as many different email adresses as you want. Go Cardinals. Here is the link to vote:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... _mlb&fext=. jsp&c_id=mlb

User avatar
BW23
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12896
Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm

Post by BW23 »

This brings up a point. How does everyone vote? All Cardinals. Just a select few? Only those you feel should start?

I don't know that I could choose Rolen or Cabrera at this point.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43295
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by heyzeus »

I vote for the guys that deserve it. Especially now that "it counts" and we could have used home field in '04 (and it would've been good in '06 too!)

User avatar
Dillagii
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7926
Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm

Post by Dillagii »

Bud Selig is a Moran!

User avatar
clevername
Bringer of FRBG
Posts: 10380
Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
Location: Alabama

Post by clevername »

Albert's the only one I would consider voting for right now, but he hasn't exactly played like an all star so far this year (though I fully expect he will).

I guess it goes to the question of how you should vote for an all star. Is it based on what they've done this year? Do you take into account what they did in the 2nd half last year and reward them for that? Or is is just what they've done in their whole career (No! Of course not!)?

Voting now just seems premature. There's plenty of time for guys to declare themselves.

It doesn't matter, anyway, since the whole system is pretty much meaningless.

User avatar
ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5526
Joined: July 29 06, 6:26 pm

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

I don't vote. Fan voting is one of the worst sports innovations ever.

jan kirk
AA Minor League Player
Posts: 26
Joined: April 23 07, 2:42 pm

Post by jan kirk »

I have voted 10 times so far and I will vote the 25 times I get. I do not vote all Cardinals but the players that I think will help us win. When I vote for the AL players I pick the ones that I think are the worst because as I said I want to win. Those players that I pick that are the worst hasn't worked out for me but I still do it. It makes me feel better since Selig made the All Star game about home field advantage for the WS.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

I have always voted all Cardinals. That's the way I roll.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Post by Jocephus »

id rather none of them go and get 3 days off

Post Reply