4-27 Post Game Thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply
User avatar
fulldeck
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3239
Joined: April 21 06, 7:31 am
Contact:

Post by fulldeck »

sighyoung wrote:
Ace wrote:
DiLLaGii wrote:Player of the Game: K-ton Wilson.
His second at bat I was thinking to myself, "Wow, could he have a worse at bat."

Somehow the at bats got worse and worse. Wilson is proving he will never again be a starting player.
But he can break a bat in dramatic fashion.
I am surprised he didn't get thrown out for that.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

Joe Wells wrote:I just looked at Yahoo's box score. 20 LOB for the Cards. 20. 7 for Kennedy.
:shock: That's unfrackinbelievable! :evil:

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62346
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Post by Radbird »

planet pujolsian wrote:
clevername wrote:I'm really glad we re-signed Jim Edmonds so he can be pinch hit for with So freaking Taguchi in crucial late game situations.
WORD. On the other hand, Preston Wilson is left in to face the righty, no problem.
I'd love to see TLR get grilled about this in the post-game conf. We'd be having an entirely different discussion here if it'd been Edmonds and Speezer in the 8th instead of So and PDub.

I'm far from a LaRussa basher, but I'm really scratching my head at this one.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38623
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Post by sighyoung »

fulldeck wrote:
sighyoung wrote:
Ace wrote:
DiLLaGii wrote:Player of the Game: K-ton Wilson.
His second at bat I was thinking to myself, "Wow, could he have a worse at bat."

Somehow the at bats got worse and worse. Wilson is proving he will never again be a starting player.
But he can break a bat in dramatic fashion.
I am surprised he didn't get thrown out for that.
I'm surprised he made contact with the plate.
Last edited by sighyoung on April 27 07, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by planet planet »

Radbird wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:
clevername wrote:I'm really glad we re-signed Jim Edmonds so he can be pinch hit for with So freaking Taguchi in crucial late game situations.
WORD. On the other hand, Preston Wilson is left in to face the righty, no problem.
I'd love to see TLR get grilled about this in the post-game conf. We'd be having an entirely different discussion here if it'd been Edmonds and Speezer in the 8th instead of So and PDub.

I'm far from a LaRussa basher, but I'm really scratching my head at this one.
One of the few times a manager actually can cost a team a run or perhaps a win.

Leeyat
All-Star
Posts: 1287
Joined: August 10 06, 7:57 am
Location: Taipei, Taiwan

Post by Leeyat »

G. Keenan wrote:Time to go get drunk.
Good for you, man! I can't, it is 11:15 am now, just don't know how to spend today! :D

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Post by jim »

Radbird wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:
clevername wrote:I'm really glad we re-signed Jim Edmonds so he can be pinch hit for with So freaking Taguchi in crucial late game situations.
WORD. On the other hand, Preston Wilson is left in to face the righty, no problem.
I'd love to see TLR get grilled about this in the post-game conf. We'd be having an entirely different discussion here if it'd been Edmonds and Speezer in the 8th instead of So and PDub.

I'm far from a LaRussa basher, but I'm really scratching my head at this one.
I didn't mind the PH. Tags is tough to double up, you have a suicide possibility if the count works in your favor.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Leeyat wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:Time to go get drunk.
Good for you, man! I can't, it is 11:15 am now, just don't know how to spend today! :D
Spend it drunk!

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38623
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Post by sighyoung »

Ugh.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43292
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by heyzeus »

I am Jack's seething frustration.

Post Reply