Cardinals Schedule for the Week?
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
Cardinals Schedule for the Week?
Any word on this yet? The funeral will be on Thursday, we've heard that, but are they playing between now and then?
I'm assuming that we'll just cancel the series with Milwaukee. But, that's a pretty important series that we're going to have to make up at some point in the season.
I'm assuming that we'll just cancel the series with Milwaukee. But, that's a pretty important series that we're going to have to make up at some point in the season.
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13357
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
I'm glad that they scheduled the funeral for the Cards' off day. It is good that the entire team will participate in the funeral. I'm sure the Hancock family will appreciate that.clevername wrote:Gammons just said they're flying out to Milwaukee then flying down to Tupelo on Thursday.
Not going to be an easy week.
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
That makes a lot of sense. Get back on the field and play ball.Michael wrote:I believe the Cards only canceled one game when DK died.
I'm trying to avoid asking insensitive questions, but I'm not getting a whole lot of information or coverage down here on a Sunday. Has there been any mention of who will replace Hancock on the roster? I would think that's something that will wait until tomorrow, but I didn't know if anyone had mentioned anything on the news in StL.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
I haven't heard any news, but Brian Falkenborg would be my guess.Fat Strat wrote:That makes a lot of sense. Get back on the field and play ball.Michael wrote:I believe the Cards only canceled one game when DK died.
I'm trying to avoid asking insensitive questions, but I'm not getting a whole lot of information or coverage down here on a Sunday. Has there been any mention of who will replace Hancock on the roster? I would think that's something that will wait until tomorrow, but I didn't know if anyone had mentioned anything on the news in StL.
-
DynamicDynamite
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 806
- Joined: December 11 06, 9:23 pm
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
- Jmodene
- Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song
- Posts: 15528
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:54 pm
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
To answer the question:
The Cards still have seven relievers on staff, with the recent callup of Kelvin Jimenez. With the cancellation of today's game, they don't need a fifth starter until next Tuesday, May 8 (Wells and Looper get bumped back a day, and that takes care of this Tuesday's game).
By May 8, it's possible Carpenter will be ready to go (Obviously, there's been no word on how his elbow felt after his bullpen session yesterday).
So I'm thinking it's possible we may call up an extra bat (Ludwick?) instead, to see what he can do for a week until we need that extra starting pitcher (at that point, if they decide to keep Ludwick, they could send Schumaker down).
If it's a pitcher, though, who gets the call then yes, it may well be Falkenborg, although it could also be Troy Cate since whoever gets called up would be needed as a starter in nine days.
The Cards still have seven relievers on staff, with the recent callup of Kelvin Jimenez. With the cancellation of today's game, they don't need a fifth starter until next Tuesday, May 8 (Wells and Looper get bumped back a day, and that takes care of this Tuesday's game).
By May 8, it's possible Carpenter will be ready to go (Obviously, there's been no word on how his elbow felt after his bullpen session yesterday).
So I'm thinking it's possible we may call up an extra bat (Ludwick?) instead, to see what he can do for a week until we need that extra starting pitcher (at that point, if they decide to keep Ludwick, they could send Schumaker down).
If it's a pitcher, though, who gets the call then yes, it may well be Falkenborg, although it could also be Troy Cate since whoever gets called up would be needed as a starter in nine days.



