Starter for Tuesday?
- businessmansspecial
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4284
- Joined: May 6 06, 6:22 pm
- fulldeck
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3239
- Joined: April 21 06, 7:31 am
- Contact:
The 10 day rule can be waived due to an injury, so I would venture to guess they could call Keisler back up if they wanted to now.indyredbird wrote:Thanks. One thing I have never understood, was options, call ups and all the stuff.Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Keisler can't come back until 10 days after he was demoted.indyredbird wrote:Keisler, Kester or whatever wasn't that bad was he?
I wish well for Brad, but him starting scares me.
Oh well, we have been reminded it is just a game.
- Phyrkrakr
- All-Star
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: January 15 07, 2:51 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11727
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
- Jmodene
- Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song
- Posts: 15528
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:54 pm
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
Fulldeck,
You are correct. The injury-exception rule does apply here so the Cards could indeed have recalled Keisler if they had been so inclined. As it is, they called up Dove and have, until next Tuesday, four starters and eight relievers. At that point, they'll decide whether to activate Carpenter and send someone down, or do a bullpen start with Thompson and a cast of thousands.
I kind of thought, since they still had seven relievers, that they might call up an extra bat for the week, but I guess not...
You are correct. The injury-exception rule does apply here so the Cards could indeed have recalled Keisler if they had been so inclined. As it is, they called up Dove and have, until next Tuesday, four starters and eight relievers. At that point, they'll decide whether to activate Carpenter and send someone down, or do a bullpen start with Thompson and a cast of thousands.
I kind of thought, since they still had seven relievers, that they might call up an extra bat for the week, but I guess not...



