(Nascar) Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI

A forum for non-baseball sports
Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

(Nascar) Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI

Post by Socnorb11 »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns

For those of you not entirely familiar with Nascar, this is akin to Albert Pujols becoming a free agent............. only bigger.

Any race fans want to guess where he'll land? I suppose Richard Childress is the more likely sceneraio, but Junior insists he'll listen to everybody before making a decision.......

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Post by Jocephus »

he should join lettermans team


but i know nothing about car racing

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Post by docellis »

Jocephus wrote:he should join lettermans team


but i know nothing about car racing
Lettermen's team is INDY IRL if I remember correctly, not NASCAR.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: (Nascar) Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Socnorb11 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns

For those of you not entirely familiar with Nascar, this is akin to Albert Pujols becoming a free agent............. only bigger.

Any race fans want to guess where he'll land? I suppose Richard Childress is the more likely sceneraio, but Junior insists he'll listen to everybody before making a decision.......
My guess right now is Hendrick Motorsports. He wants to stay in a Chevy, and Hendrick would just add to their dream team. Gordon, Johnson, and Kyle Busch have all been dominant this season, and Little E would just make it insane.

DynamicDynamite
Veteran Player
Posts: 806
Joined: December 11 06, 9:23 pm

Post by DynamicDynamite »

he'll more than likely go to Richard Childress where he can unretire the #3 car that Richard Childress owns....

User avatar
fulldeck
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3239
Joined: April 21 06, 7:31 am
Contact:

Post by fulldeck »

He won't have bad cars, engines, crew chiefs, and owners as an excuse anymore for not winning once he leaves the family business. I hope he realizes that.

User avatar
businessmansspecial
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4284
Joined: May 6 06, 6:22 pm

Re: (Nascar) Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI

Post by businessmansspecial »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns

For those of you not entirely familiar with Nascar, this is akin to Albert Pujols becoming a free agent............. only bigger.

Any race fans want to guess where he'll land? I suppose Richard Childress is the more likely sceneraio, but Junior insists he'll listen to everybody before making a decision.......
My guess right now is Hendrick Motorsports. He wants to stay in a Chevy, and Hendrick would just add to their dream team. Gordon, Johnson, and Kyle Busch have all been dominant this season, and Little E would just make it insane.
I agree. I saw an interview earlier. It will either be this or a new owner that isn't going this year. He hinted a lot to that.

User avatar
Hudler
All-Star
Posts: 2293
Joined: September 13 06, 12:02 am
Location: Fulton,MO

Post by Hudler »

I think he'll end up at Ginn Racing.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

STORY

Dale Jr.'s joining Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, taking Kyle Busch's spot.

He'll either drive the 5 car (Busch's car) or the 25 car (Casey Mears' car, with Mears taking Busch's car). No word if he'll still have the Bud sponsorship or not, but I'm guessing they'll get something done.

Hendrick just re-asserted its dominance on Nascar right now. Mears is a good up-and-coming driver, Johnson is a Nextel Cup champion, Gordon's running laps around the field this year, and now they get the most popular driver in Earnhardt Jr.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30835
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Post by ghostrunner »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:STORY

Dale Jr.'s joining Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, taking Kyle Busch's spot.

He'll either drive the 5 car (Busch's car) or the 25 car (Casey Mears' car, with Mears taking Busch's car). No word if he'll still have the Bud sponsorship or not, but I'm guessing they'll get something done.

Hendrick just re-asserted its dominance on Nascar right now. Mears is a good up-and-coming driver, Johnson is a Nextel Cup champion, Gordon's running laps around the field this year, and now they get the most popular driver in Earnhardt Jr.
He and Gordon on the same team? I know little about Nascar but I'd imagine some aren't too pleased with that.

Post Reply