Mizzou Baseball
-
Izzyman
- Everyday Player
- Posts: 208
- Joined: August 21 06, 4:22 pm
- Location: MO.
Mizzou Baseball
The tigers are having a great year. They're 2nd in the big 12 and ranked in all of the polls.
I can't wait for the NCAA tornament to start. If we finish strong against OSU and in the big 12 torny we could de looking at avery good seed.
I can't wait for the NCAA tornament to start. If we finish strong against OSU and in the big 12 torny we could de looking at avery good seed.
- Transmogrified Tiger
- Puppy Murderer
- Posts: 9323
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
- Location: Across the River
The other guy was Nathan Culp.StL Dan wrote:It's great to see the team prospering despite losing Scherzer and that other pitcher to graduation and the MLB draft last year.
And yes, I had very low expectations for this season, and they've definitely exceeded them. They'll likely lose pretty much nothing to graduation/draft this year too, so next year's team could be pretty special.
- Transmogrified Tiger
- Puppy Murderer
- Posts: 9323
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
- Location: Across the River
Uh, the only team he can sign with right now is the team that drafted him, Arizona. KC has the 2 pick in this year's draft, so they might be hearing that KC is thinking of taking Scherzer if he doesn't sign with the D-Backs. Scherzer hasn't been rumored anywhere near that high though.StL Dan wrote:I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.
What is that all about?
- StL Dan
- banned
- Posts: 8159
- Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
- Location: St. Louis in spirit
Uh, that's what I thought as well, which is why I asked the question.Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Uh, the only team he can sign with right now is the team that drafted him, Arizona. KC has the 2 pick in this year's draft, so they might be hearing that KC is thinking of taking Scherzer if he doesn't sign with the D-Backs. Scherzer hasn't been rumored anywhere near that high though.StL Dan wrote:I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.
What is that all about?
Sports talk radio stations up here in KC have indicated it's a possibility that he signs with the Royals at some point some how.
Wasn't able to listen to the whole conversation, so I wanted to know if there was something about his draft situation I didn't know.
- StL Dan
- banned
- Posts: 8159
- Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
- Location: St. Louis in spirit
- BW23
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12896
- Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm
It helped that their best returning hitter got healthy (and confident he was healthy). I thought the offense would be fairly good once Priday rounded into form, but I'm surprised they've won simply from losing Scherzer and Culp.
And I've seen talk of Scherzer going as high as number 2 if he re-enters.
And I've seen talk of Scherzer going as high as number 2 if he re-enters.


