Mizzou Baseball

A forum for non-baseball sports
User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18730
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Post by cardinalkarp »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
Brodie wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:I just heard that they started the same starting pitcher on Monday that went on Friday (and threw a 109 pitch complete game)?? Is the coach of Mizzou a complete idiot, seems to me he wanted to lose the game.
You heard right.
The guy should be fired.
umm and that guy runs a good program, I wonder that bad programs do to pitchers

-Brodie
Well how much worse can it get than doing that ALL the time.
All the time? This was a pretty extreme situation, you're going to be using some tired pitchers when you play you're 4th game in as many days. Jamieson decided to go with the guy who had the most rest(albeit with the most work too), hadn't been seen by Louisville, and was the ace. Obviously, it didn't work out.

On the whole though, Jamieson is awesome. I love how he plays big ball and doesn't waste outs, the whole team has very patient approaches at the plate too. And they have a reputation for developing pitchers very well too.
I actually stated that wrong. I was trying to say the only way it could be worse is IF he did that all the time. I didn't mean to sound like he was always running his pitchers out there like that.

I don't really follow college baseball, how many man rotations to the normally go with?

Post Reply