2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

ZigZagCardsFan wrote:According to one of Eklund's previous postings, one of my favorite Blues may be returning.

All Hail ZEUS!

Image
I would like to get Handzus back to Zig.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by cardinalkarp »

They just announced on the radio that a bar is having a Blues draft party that includes free beer and food if anyone is interested. (I forgot the name of the bar though!!) :x

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

cardinalkarp wrote:They just announced on the radio that a bar is having a Blues draft party that includes free beer and food if anyone is interested. (I forgot the name of the bar though!!) :x
Lester's?

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by cardinalkarp »

stlmark wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:They just announced on the radio that a bar is having a Blues draft party that includes free beer and food if anyone is interested. (I forgot the name of the bar though!!) :x
Lester's?

I think that's the one!!

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

cardinalkarp wrote:
stlmark wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:They just announced on the radio that a bar is having a Blues draft party that includes free beer and food if anyone is interested. (I forgot the name of the bar though!!) :x
Lester's?

I think that's the one!!

FOOD AND BEER FREE??!?!?!

I was going anyways! TEH AWESOME!!!

I got selected to play in a trivia game with current and former Blues players at that party. Teh Yay!.1!

EDIT: Yeah TGBS, this is my time of year. The draft, free agency, I've been unable to get a ton of work done since Monday.

Additionally, knowing that we aren't looking to get a superstar, I'd welcome the Zeus back as well. We'd essentially have two second line centers (if teh Zeus is healthy, <knocks on wood>), which for rebuilding, isn't too bad.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

I'm so freaking excited it's just stupid. I even have my MacInnis jersey and my Note by Note (to be signed tonight) by my desk. Its like I'm 3 years old in a candy factory. :oops:

User avatar
robbotis
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4791
Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by robbotis »

JCShutout wrote:I'm so freaking excited it's just stupid. I even have my MacInnis jersey and my Note by Note (to be signed tonight) by my desk. Its like I'm 3 years old in a candy factory. :oops:
Have one for me. That sounds like fun.
Go Blues

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by cardinalkarp »

JCShutout wrote:I'm so freaking excited it's just stupid. I even have my MacInnis jersey and my Note by Note (to be signed tonight) by my desk. Its like I'm 3 years old in a candy factory. :oops:
That was one of the stipulations for the free food and beer, you must come in Blues attire.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13355
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

cardinalkarp wrote:
JCShutout wrote:I'm so freaking excited it's just stupid. I even have my MacInnis jersey and my Note by Note (to be signed tonight) by my desk. Its like I'm 3 years old in a candy factory. :oops:
That was one of the stipulations for the free food and beer, you must come in Blues attire.
Thanks ck, I let my buddies know.

I mean, I was excited before the free food and beer, I just can't wait for the draft, but with my budget, a free dinner means whatever I would have spent tonight (prolly $25 ish) goes to pay off my credit card. :thumbup:

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

Have an awesome time JC. I'll be watching with a beer in hand.

Post Reply