2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

Bill Metzer had this to say about our Blues.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8170

User avatar
JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4914
Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JohnnyJay »

stlmark wrote:Bill Metzer had this to say about our Blues.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8170
Nice...did you read his comments in the posted replies:
The Blues got Eller, Cole AND Perron?

That's a helluva draft (already)!
- bradleyc4



Agree 100%. When I did the Blues mock draft here at Hockeybuzz, I had Perron 2nd and Eller 3rd on the priority list, so obviously I think they did pretty well for themselves. And on top of that, they got a real solid, character D in Cole (and if Kekäläinen and Dave Poulin are both high on a player, that says a LOT).

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

JohnnyJay wrote:
stlmark wrote:Bill Metzer had this to say about our Blues.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8170
Nice...did you read his comments in the posted replies:
The Blues got Eller, Cole AND Perron?

That's a helluva draft (already)!
- bradleyc4



Agree 100%. When I did the Blues mock draft here at Hockeybuzz, I had Perron 2nd and Eller 3rd on the priority list, so obviously I think they did pretty well for themselves. And on top of that, they got a real solid, character D in Cole (and if Kekäläinen and Dave Poulin are both high on a player, that says a LOT).
No, actually I didn't read that until now. Jarmo is just awesome!

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

JC, I'm interested to know how Lester's was? How was the atmosphere?

User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

stlmark wrote:
JohnnyJay wrote:
stlmark wrote:Bill Metzer had this to say about our Blues.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8170
Nice...did you read his comments in the posted replies:
The Blues got Eller, Cole AND Perron?

That's a helluva draft (already)!
- bradleyc4



Agree 100%. When I did the Blues mock draft here at Hockeybuzz, I had Perron 2nd and Eller 3rd on the priority list, so obviously I think they did pretty well for themselves. And on top of that, they got a real solid, character D in Cole (and if Kekäläinen and Dave Poulin are both high on a player, that says a LOT).
No, actually I didn't read that until now. Jarmo is just awesome!
:bowdown: Image :bowdown: <----------This one's looking in a mirror.
Last edited by ToughGuy_BlueShirt on June 23 07, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:
stlmark wrote:
JohnnyJay wrote:
stlmark wrote:Bill Metzer had this to say about our Blues.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8170
Nice...did you read his comments in the posted replies:
The Blues got Eller, Cole AND Perron?

That's a helluva draft (already)!
- bradleyc4



Agree 100%. When I did the Blues mock draft here at Hockeybuzz, I had Perron 2nd and Eller 3rd on the priority list, so obviously I think they did pretty well for themselves. And on top of that, they got a real solid, character D in Cole (and if Kekäläinen and Dave Poulin are both high on a player, that says a LOT).
No, actually I didn't read that until now. Jarmo is just awesome!
:bowdown: Image :bowdown:
Jarmo is now a baldy! :cool:

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

stlmark wrote:JC, I'm interested to know how Lester's was? How was the atmosphere?
Just got back. It was really cool, and I made a new friend, my waitress. :D

Very crowded, but everyone was really friendly and it was a lot of fun. I was shocked to hear that EVERYONE seemed to want Sutter, from John Kelly to Randy Karrakkher to most of the fans around. We were all fairly happy with Eller, I had not read as much about him (I was lazy with this year's draft and only studied the top 15 or so prospects) but the people around me thought it was a good pick. We were confused at Ian Cole (with Espo on the board), but again, I'll trust teh jarmo over my uneducated guesses, especially now that I'm reading that TSN and other sources were impressed with our picks.

Everyone booed when Carolina picked Sutter. lol.

Everyone went insaine anytime JD and the boys were on TV, and the place exploded when JD gave Lester's a shoutout. The place was PACKED. You could barely move from pick 5-13.

In the trivia, I was teamed with 4 other fans against Jamal Mayers, Dan Deirdorf, Mike Zuke, Kelly Chase and someone I didn't recognize. Bobby Plager was just walking around and talking to people, basking in the fact that he's awesome. Jammer was the only current player that I saw there, and considering I saw Doug Weight at Verison Wireless Amphitheater Wednesday night (my 2nd job), which means he was probably in town, it shows what kind of guy Jammer is to come down and deal with autograph hounds and being surrounded by a crapload of people for 5 hours.

Oh yeah, we won the trivia, won a hat, t shirt, and tickets to a game.

Fun time.

User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

JCShutout wrote:
stlmark wrote:JC, I'm interested to know how Lester's was? How was the atmosphere?
Just got back. It was really cool, and I made a new friend, my waitress. :D

Very crowded, but everyone was really friendly and it was a lot of fun. I was shocked to hear that EVERYONE seemed to want Sutter, from John Kelly to Randy Karrakkher to most of the fans around. We were all fairly happy with Eller, I had not read as much about him (I was lazy with this year's draft and only studied the top 15 or so prospects) but the people around me thought it was a good pick. We were confused at Ian Cole (with Espo on the board), but again, I'll trust teh jarmo over my uneducated guesses, especially now that I'm reading that TSN and other sources were impressed with our picks.

Everyone booed when Carolina picked Sutter. lol.

Everyone went insaine anytime JD and the boys were on TV, and the place exploded when JD gave Lester's a shoutout. The place was PACKED. You could barely move from pick 5-13.

In the trivia, I was teamed with 4 other fans against Jamal Mayers, Dan Deirdorf, Mike Zuke, Kelly Chase and someone I didn't recognize. Bobby Plager was just walking around and talking to people, basking in the fact that he's awesome. Jammer was the only current player that I saw there, and considering I saw Doug Weight at Verison Wireless Amphitheater Wednesday night (my 2nd job), which means he was probably in town, it shows what kind of guy Jammer is to come down and deal with autograph hounds and being surrounded by a crapload of people for 5 hours.

Oh yeah, we won the trivia, won a hat, t shirt, and tickets to a game.

Fun time.
Sounds like a badass night, JC. Wish I would of went now. :cry: Did you have to be 21 to get in there? I didn't know and I'm only 20, didn't want to drive there for nothing.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by stlmark »

JCShutout wrote:
stlmark wrote:JC, I'm interested to know how Lester's was? How was the atmosphere?
Just got back. It was really cool, and I made a new friend, my waitress. :D

Very crowded, but everyone was really friendly and it was a lot of fun. I was shocked to hear that EVERYONE seemed to want Sutter, from John Kelly to Randy Karrakkher to most of the fans around. We were all fairly happy with Eller, I had not read as much about him (I was lazy with this year's draft and only studied the top 15 or so prospects) but the people around me thought it was a good pick. We were confused at Ian Cole (with Espo on the board), but again, I'll trust teh jarmo over my uneducated guesses, especially now that I'm reading that TSN and other sources were impressed with our picks.

Everyone booed when Carolina picked Sutter. lol.

Everyone went insaine anytime JD and the boys were on TV, and the place exploded when JD gave Lester's a shoutout. The place was PACKED. You could barely move from pick 5-13.

In the trivia, I was teamed with 4 other fans against Jamal Mayers, Dan Deirdorf, Mike Zuke, Kelly Chase and someone I didn't recognize. Bobby Plager was just walking around and talking to people, basking in the fact that he's awesome. Jammer was the only current player that I saw there, and considering I saw Doug Weight at Verison Wireless Amphitheater Wednesday night (my 2nd job), which means he was probably in town, it shows what kind of guy Jammer is to come down and deal with autograph hounds and being surrounded by a crapload of people for 5 hours.

Oh yeah, we won the trivia, won a hat, t shirt, and tickets to a game.

Fun time.
Awesome JC. Glad you had a great time.

By the way, here's our last 5 picks today. I think we have 2 left.

39 SIMON HJALMARSSON 2/1/1989 Varnamo, Sweden SE 5' 11" 161 SWE-JR. FROLUNDA JR. RW L
Västra Frölunda HC Indians J18 Elit (SWE) 06/07 1 2 1 3 31
Västra Frölunda HC Indians J18 Allsvenskan 06/07 2 2 2 4 +1 2 6 3 8 11 +5 2
Västra Frölunda HC Indians J20 Superelit (SWE) 06/07 41 31 23 54 +12 91 8 1 1 2 -3 6
Gislaveds SK Division 1 (SWE) 06/07 2 0 1 1 0 0
Team Sweden WJC18 07 6 4 5 9 +8 4

44 AARON PALUSHAJ 9/7/1989 Livonia, MI US 5' 11" 187 USHL DES MOINES RW R
2005-06 Des Moines Buccaneers USHL 58 10 23 33 53 11 2 4 6 15
2006-07 Des Moines Buccaneers USHL 56 22 45 67 62 8 6 5 11 6

85 BRETT SONNE 3/16/1989 Chilliwack, BC CA 5' 11" 200 WHL CALGARY C/LW L
2004-05 Calgary Hitmen WHL 6 0 0 0 2 -- -- -- -- --
2005-06 Calgary Hitmen WHL 64 12 9 21 38 13 1 2 3 8
2006-07 Calgary Hitmen WHL 71 21 9 30 65 18 5 1 6 22

96 CADE FAIRCHILD 1/15/1989 Duluth, MN US 5' 10" 186 USDP USA U-18 D L
* Was Ian Coles defense partner all year on the u18 team.

100 TRAVIS ERSTAD 11/9/1988 Madison, WI US 6' 3" 182 USHL LINCOLN C/RW R
2006-07 Lincoln Stars USHL 8 0 0 0 4 3 1 0 1 0

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:
JCShutout wrote:
stlmark wrote:JC, I'm interested to know how Lester's was? How was the atmosphere?
Just got back. It was really cool, and I made a new friend, my waitress. :D

Very crowded, but everyone was really friendly and it was a lot of fun. I was shocked to hear that EVERYONE seemed to want Sutter, from John Kelly to Randy Karrakkher to most of the fans around. We were all fairly happy with Eller, I had not read as much about him (I was lazy with this year's draft and only studied the top 15 or so prospects) but the people around me thought it was a good pick. We were confused at Ian Cole (with Espo on the board), but again, I'll trust teh jarmo over my uneducated guesses, especially now that I'm reading that TSN and other sources were impressed with our picks.

Everyone booed when Carolina picked Sutter. lol.

Everyone went insaine anytime JD and the boys were on TV, and the place exploded when JD gave Lester's a shoutout. The place was PACKED. You could barely move from pick 5-13.

In the trivia, I was teamed with 4 other fans against Jamal Mayers, Dan Deirdorf, Mike Zuke, Kelly Chase and someone I didn't recognize. Bobby Plager was just walking around and talking to people, basking in the fact that he's awesome. Jammer was the only current player that I saw there, and considering I saw Doug Weight at Verison Wireless Amphitheater Wednesday night (my 2nd job), which means he was probably in town, it shows what kind of guy Jammer is to come down and deal with autograph hounds and being surrounded by a crapload of people for 5 hours.

Oh yeah, we won the trivia, won a hat, t shirt, and tickets to a game.

Fun time.
Sounds like a badass night, JC. Wish I would of went now. :cry: Did you have to be 21 to get in there? I didn't know and I'm only 20, didn't want to drive there for nothing.
You could have gone, but don't sweat it, just go next year.
:thumbup:

Post Reply