Mizzou football 2007
- stretch
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3966
- Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
- Location: Joplin, MO
Mizzou football 2007
Mizzou is picked to win the Big 12 North.
http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/196382.html
http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/197560.html
I think they are perfectly capable of winning the North, but won't really believe it until it happens. I've been kicked in the nuts too many times as a fan of Mizzou sports to put that much stock into preseason rankings.
I also am not really enamored with the in-game coaching of Mizzou's staff.
http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/196382.html
http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/197560.html
I think they are perfectly capable of winning the North, but won't really believe it until it happens. I've been kicked in the nuts too many times as a fan of Mizzou sports to put that much stock into preseason rankings.
I also am not really enamored with the in-game coaching of Mizzou's staff.
- Transmogrified Tiger
- Puppy Murderer
- Posts: 9323
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
- Location: Across the River
Re: Mizzou football 2007
I'm pretty excited for the season. We may have to try to be football's version of the Phoenix Suns, but at least it'll be fun to watch.
This also inspired my awful effort that I now call a sig.
This also inspired my awful effort that I now call a sig.
- stretch
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3966
- Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
- Location: Joplin, MO
Re: Mizzou football 2007
I didn't realize how crabby I seemed in my post above. I, too, am really looking forward to the season.
It should be a lot of fun to watch.
I would say the average total score of games this year would be around 60 points.
It should be a lot of fun to watch.
I would say the average total score of games this year would be around 60 points.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Two-horse race this year in the North. Whoever wins the MU-NU matchup will probably win the division.
Let's go Tigers. I could use some braggin' rights over the in-laws.
Let's go Tigers. I could use some braggin' rights over the in-laws.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Unfortunately, winning the Big XII North is like winning Miss Northern South Dakota.
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
Re: Mizzou football 2007
But still, winning the Big XII North would be a step forward, instead of say -- losing to Oregon State with 13 milliseconds to play.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Mizzou football 2007
agreed.GatewaySnayke wrote:But still, winning the Big XII North would be a step forward, instead of say -- losing to Oregon State with 13 milliseconds to play.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Perfectly stated.stretch wrote:I think they are perfectly capable of winning the North, but won't really believe it until it happens. I've been kicked in the nuts too many times as a fan of Mizzou sports to put that much stock into preseason rankings.
And I ALWAYS look forward to Mizzou football, even in the down years.
I hate to lower the standards or anything, but I've seen entirely too many ridiculously bad years in my lifetime under Pinkel's predecessors to get crabby about the job that he's doing/has done.
- omaha_red
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12963
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: toning it done
Re: Mizzou football 2007
i think the mighty big red will win the big 12 north and then win the super bowl..
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Mizzou football 2007
omaha_red wrote:i think the mighty big red will win the big 12 north and then win the super bowl..
That would be a first for Callahan...




