Mizzou football 2007

A forum for non-baseball sports
User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

The key is how healthy the first stringers on defense are as the season progresses. Not a lot of depth there unless a few guys turn it up a notch or two.

Perhaps a poster gathering might be in order on the Nebraska game. :D

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Post by GatewaySnayke »

I can never get overly excited about Missouri football, because the M.O. the past few seasons has been run up the score on the lesser opponents, get smacked around by the traditional powers then finish 6-5. And I hate that Missouri has no defense. I'm not that excited about rooting for Texas Tech Jr.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

GatewaySnayke wrote:I can never get overly excited about Missouri football, because the M.O. the past few seasons has been run up the score on the lesser opponents, get smacked around by the traditional powers then finish 6-5. And I hate that Missouri has no defense. I'm not that excited about rooting for Texas Tech Jr.
I knew the defense wouldn't stay as good as it was the first half of the year, but I'll always wonder how well they would've fared had Smith not broken his hip in that KSU monsoon of a game.

I'm not expecting a lot this year, but I'm optimistic. They have experience and height in the secondary, return a good bit of talent on the DL, and the linebacking corps(who killed them last year) get an infusion with Alexander being healthy plus youth like Keck and Lambert. I'm not expecting the 2006 LSU defense, but I see reason why I could potentially be pleasantly surprised.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Post by haltz »

This is probably off-topic sorta, but does anyone have any info on an ex-player named Tony Palmer? I think he got in a few games with the Packers last year. I just don't follow Mizzou's football or the NFL all that closely.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

haltz wrote:This is probably off-topic sorta, but does anyone have any info on an ex-player named Tony Palmer? I think he got in a few games with the Packers last year. I just don't follow Mizzou's football or the NFL all that closely.
Uh, I saw him at a Mizzou home game last year, and I heard he was in training camp with the Rams last year. A quick google news search gives this tidbit:
Second year wide body Tony Palmer played in six games a year ago, primarily on special teams. The Packers love Palmer's competitiveness, and unless he falls on his face in camp, he stands a decent chance of making the team as a reserve guard.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Post by haltz »

Well, that's more than I could come up with. Thanks.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Mizzou football 2007

Post by GatewaySnayke »

TT, I hope you're right about them. I can't take another 2006. Good start, ugly finish...

Post Reply